Sparkling wine in Penthouse suites

flat3d

One of the perks in the amenities listed for suite guestes is "sparkling wine, bottled water and fruit". What does this mean, 1 bottle per trip, per day or as much as you can drink. What is NCL's version of sparkling wine. The same with water, how many, how often? Who brings it, the butler ? Thanks for your help.

Mark:)

You will have a bottle of sparkling wine in the room on embarkation day. Your butler will bring you something special each night (fruit, canapes, cookies, etc.). Unlimited Pepsi products and bottled water. Just tell your butler what you prefer to drink and he/she will make sure its in your room. At least this was my experience with the penthouse.

There will be ONE bottle of sparkling wine and ONE free bottle of water. Snacks will be delivered by the butler each afternoon. There will be a fruit bowl (orange, apple, pear, grapes, etc.) in your suite that will be replenished through the cruise. If you want something special just ask. :)

Soda is NOT included. You will be charged for all items you consume from the mini-bar.

There will be ONE bottle of sparkling wine and ONE free bottle of water. Snacks will be delivered by the butler each afternoon. There will be a fruit bowl (orange, apple, pear, grapes, etc.) in your suite that will be replenished through the cruise. If you want something special just ask. :)

Soda is NOT included. You will be charged for all items you consume from the mini-bar.

This is exactly what we experienced on our last cruise.

Pat

Exactly! :)

Unlimited Pepsi products and bottled water. Just tell your butler what you prefer to drink and he/she will make sure its in your room. At least this was my experience with the penthouse.

Just to be clear, this is absolutely incorrect - sodas and unlimited waters are included only for Owner's Suites, Deluxe Owner's Suites, and Garden Villas (not to be confused with Haven/Courtyard Villas).

For the OP, the sparkling wine provided is certainly not great, but it's not too awful either. Depends on your palate and preferences - it's dry enough but does cause the "sugar headache" of poor sparkling wines. Not so bad that I ever refused to drink it though :D.

Robin

For the OP, the sparkling wine provided is certainly not great, but it's not too awful either. Depends on your palate and preferences - it's dry enough but does cause the "sugar headache" of poor sparkling wines. Not so bad that I ever refused to drink it though :D.

Robin

I agree with Robin- it wasn't great, we each drank 1 glass and left the rest

OMG! DH and I must be cheap champagne dates.:D I thought it was drinkable. Especially with some appetisers.

Anyway, I have a peeve. Why is it there is always incorrect information on the suite perks threads. Almost every single one, there is someone who posts something that's not correct. This can be very misleading. Especially if the OP just reads this one wrong response and then doesn't come back to check further.

Can people please check your facts BEFORE you post.

OMG! DH and I must be cheap champagne dates.:D I thought it was drinkable. Especially with some appetisers.

Anyway, I have a peeve. Why is it there is always incorrect information on the suite perks threads. Almost every single one, there is someone who posts something that's not correct. This can be very misleading. Especially if the OP just reads this one wrong response and then doesn't come back to check further.

Can people please check your facts BEFORE you post.

The biggest cause of suite perks misinformation is that NCL insists on calling it's deluxe balcony cabins "Mini Suites." They are not suites in any way, shape or form, and people often book them thinking they'll get all the suite perks, when in fact they won't.

I stand corrected. Sorry. I was thinking of when we were in a DOS and the sodas were complimentary. However, we did pay for the sodas in the penthouse.

Ooh - good idea, mediocre sparkling wine is good as a mixer (like an average red wine makes a good sangria!) I'm making a note of that one! :)

Last year our friends had an aft balcony on the Ruby Princess. Their neighbours were in suite cabins. I brought a very pleasant and fun bottle of Moscato D'Asti to enjoy on our friends balcony during the sail away. Their suite neighbour to the left were drinking a complimentary bottle of "Champagne" (sparkling wine). I toasted them and they asked me if I was drinking the same "champagne" as they were? They still had 2/3's of a bottle and we had about 1/3rd. I gave them a taste and they asked me if I wanted to trade? I gave them the rest of the bottle and they gave me their bottle. What did we do? We mixed it with orange juice and had mimosa's the next morning.:)

Archived