t-shirts in the MDR (non-elegant) no-no or go-go?

chihomg

LOL..Yes it is the good looks that affect that affect that affect the apparel..Sarah

But wear that tux once in awhile.:):D

I always wear mine. That second formal night I did feel over-dressed. Didn't matter...I dressed up anyway.

t's Friday night, and nothing on TV. But who cares when there's the CC board! It's just amazing how much drama and comedy can be found in a single post...especially one on T-shirts.

By the way, I will NOT be wearing t-shirts to the MDR on my first cruise, but I just might try to smuggle my feet in with some bedazzled flip flops! :rolleyes:

t's Friday night, and nothing on TV. But who cares when there's the CC board! It's just amazing how much drama and comedy can be found in a single post...especially one on T-shirts.

By the way, I will NOT be wearing t-shirts to the MDR on my first cruise, but I just might try to smuggle my feet in with some bedazzled flip flops! :rolleyes:

that's true ! clothing in the dining room always seems to bring out the fireworks.

Amen! The funny thing about the clothing arguments is that nothing ever (or will ever) changes, and it's the same old boring questions/answers. I wish, for once, someone would at least come on here to ask whether their a**less chaps are permitted in the MDR! :D

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Wear what you want to. Its your vacation. Forget about the so called fashion police. Ill bet most of the people posting on here need to look into the mirror more carefully before they go out in public. What you think looks good, dont ever forget someone will not like the way you dress. Thats just the way it is. I wont even get into men wearing speedos and big women wearing anything tight and thinking they look alright to be seen in public! :eek::eek:

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Wear what you want to. Its your vacation. Forget about the so called fashion police. :eek::eek:

People should at least make an effort. I'm seeing it less and less these days. Some on my recent trip just didn't even care, especially on the second formal night.

For men, I understand they may not wish to wear a tie, or feel hot in that coat. But the shirt should have buttons and a collar. I'm sorry but shorts are tacky, except for Bermuda shorts.

The ships do attempt to make formal/elegant nights something special, so I play along out of respect for the crew and fellow passengers. Plus it is more fun !!

I always wear mine. That second formal night I did feel over-dressed. Didn't matter...I dressed up anyway.

I love dressing up..so when it is ok..yeah...not enough opportunity here...but we still have dressy events here...LOL...all levels all types.

I think the new dress V T's...if they are fancy material and nice seams and dark and plain and dressy are ok on NON FORMAL with nice slacks or whatever shorts, but they so not fit the rule of fix the car T's....(just for me)..some especially super younger guys just are not into the certain polo look but they can find the right dressy for both casual and dress elegant to not be OK.

Funny thing..when it was time to sell ranch..dad could not go western for 5 years...felt he didn't deserve too...LOL...there is this pride thing in all levels of dressy or clean cut western too...but he goes all styles now...

I like guys in all styles clean cut...but oh the suits and tuxes, so rare and wonderful....really nice western jacket is ok too to me on suit night..OMG I have seen some silk woven ones that are such an indescribable sheen and weave in the material...I still bet you get more dances and pts in kareoke..whether it is suit night or not...smiles..class is class..:).

People should at least make an effort. I'm seeing it less and less these days. Some on my recent trip just didn't even care, especially on the second formal night.

For men, I understand they may not wish to wear a tie, or feel hot in that coat. But the shirt should have buttons and a collar. I'm sorry but shorts are tacky, except for Bermuda shorts.

The ships do attempt to make formal/elegant nights something special, so I play along out of respect for the crew and fellow passengers. Plus it is more fun !!

Agreed and it is precisely what the poster here was doing by checking things out..but like most of us I am not fashion police and I do think most people do not match the certain grizzley never dress in anything but dirty jeans and bandanas..LOL ....but as you said, it is loosing a level of ok sometimes......Sarah

I think maybe the new V neck is called that because it is dressy as the old collared sport shirt??

I am not talking about that white layered look even on my Enrique Iglesias..LOL..but like what poster first posted for NON FORMAL night...ok...

Thanks soooo much my new Nebraska friend Carole..I sooo wish..Sarah

If you look like the guy in the picture posted on special weight solid color v's and very hip new dark jeans , belt and shoes/boots..I'd say go for it, but have another option..the Enrique Iglesias look without the hat in the dining room..LOL

Here in Montana there are many black tie and blue jean events that are a look i am noticing is more mainstream...new dark jeans, dress vests with those t-shirts now instead of dress western shirts and ties for the 'metrosexual' Montanan as opposed to the Cowboy Montanan..LOL..i bet if done right it could work for dress casual even.

See picture 4... leave out hoodie and make t-shirt dark.

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_55/enrique-iglesias/styles

Oh now, can't we choose the Enrique in pic #3 instead?:D

Oh now, can't we choose the Enrique in pic #3 instead?:D

OMG..yes..and he cleans up real good...LOL:):). I went to a concert in LA in FEB last winter and gave up my cruise to Bermuda..it was cheaper and last winter was truly 9 months...Let me tell you..major swoon 65 to 14 year old women..LOL.

Agreed and it is precisely what the poster here was doing by checking things out..but like most of us I am not fashion police and I do think most people do not match the certain grizzley never dress in anything but dirty jeans and bandanas..LOL ....but as you said, it is loosing a level of ok sometimes......Sarah

Western wear too has its own dress up does it not ? and it looks quite cool to me.

Boots and hats look fine with a suit.

To be honest, I my tux is really just a black suit + bow tie. It seems to fool most people.

It does seem that the best karaoke is on formal nights while I'm in this faux "tux".

My 1988 basic training shoes look better than most tux rental shoes and they sure dance well.

A solid color v-neck is totally fine. You will not stick out. If someone pointed you out for that, then that someone has waaaaaaay to much free-time. I can't tell you what people have worn on my past cruises to the MDR, because I'm too busy enjoying the beauty of the ship and anticipating my food to arrive!

Don't sweat it OP. No need to re-pack.....

Western wear too has its own dress up does it not ? and it looks quite cool to me.

Boots and hats look fine with a suit.

To be honest, I my tux is really just a black suit + bow tie. It seems to fool most people.

It does seem that the best karaoke is on formal nights while I'm in this faux "tux".

My 1988 basic training shoes look better than most tux rental shoes and they sure dance well.

OK Thoth, now we are getting to the fun stuff that does it..on better be within 18 months cruise, for casual one eve I am wearing a Brown Velour peasant dressy (sp sorry too lazy) top and new ladies dress jeans (if ok..will re read the current Carnival deal and talk to TA..do not get info from here on this as gospel...i wonder why??)..silver Hopi jewelry and roper boots..somehow the boots take off weight with the right jeans..LOL and ordering 2 new dressy easy to pack dresses..one the Kareoke special..LOL..now to pick a song..LOL...Sarah

I still really love non western suits though..lol..sometimes ok cowboy( looks and the guys in those looks) percentages are low...what I really notice is a western yoke is going into some mainstream jackets ans shirts for guys and it is different than the dimestore cowboy thing in the 70's.

V*A*C*A*T*I*O*N

Totally agree with - it's your vacation - dress to please yourself.

If I'm with my family and we all dress in T-shirts and long shorts....should be good enough for everyone else. I believe the MDR is equivalent to maybe the Outback, or Olive Garden...except on Elegant nights.

I hate the dress code issue.

I say mind your own business and let it be. (this isn't directed to anyone in this discussion in ANY way - just expressing how I feel about cruising in general.) We don't cruise on the QEII because we don't dress up....Carnival is for us.

Do you think anyone would mind if I wore my a@*less chaps to the MDR along with my suck bang blow biker t-shirt ??? It's my vacation and I'll dress as I please. Most of you don't mind running to the pool at 6 AM and putting a ook on a deck chair then going back to bed.

OK Thoth, now we are getting to the fun stuff that does it..on better be within 18 months cruise, for casual one eve I am wearing a Brown Velour peasant dressy (sp sorry too lazy) top and new ladies dress jeans (if ok..will re read the current Carnival deal and talk to TA..do not get info from here on this as gospel...i wonder why??)..silver Hopi jewelry and roper boots..somehow the boots take off weight with the right jeans..LOL and ordering 2 new dressy easy to pack dresses..one the Kareoke special..LOL..now to pick a song..LOL...Sarah

I still really love non western suits though..lol..sometimes ok cowboy( looks and the guys in those looks) percentages are low...what I really notice is a western yoke is going into some mainstream jackets ans shirts for guys and it is different than the dimestore cowboy thing in the 70's.

sounds like good karaoke attire to me.

Only men who can really wear chaps are pretty lean taking care of 100 head of cattle minimally and through the winter..usually more like 500 and up..in pairs...or have taken the blue ribbon a few times on the bronc or bull rides at state level or better...and they look darn good in their best duds celebrating afterwords at good places commonly called something like the Mint...Chaps are taken off for dinner new dress is donned ...boots, hat, jeans and so forth... no dirty chaps or the jeans under them and all is showered and clothes are clean and pressed...belt buckle could be pretty silver and big though maybe even have a few real jewels in there..LOL. To all putting down western...it you like good hormone free beef, lamb or pork...don't.

Only men who can really wear chaps are pretty lean taking care of 100 head of cattle minimally and through the winter..usually more like 500 and up..in pairs...or have taken the blue ribbon a few times on the bronc or bull rides at state level or better...and they look darn good in their best duds celebrating afterwords at good places commonly called something like the Mint...Chaps are taken off for dinner new dress is donned ...boots, hat, jeans and so forth... no dirty chaps or the jeans under them and all is showered and clothes are clean and pressed...belt buckle could be pretty silver and big though maybe even have a few real jewels in there..LOL. To all putting down western...it you like good hormone free beef, lamb or pork...don't.

I suppose there are the genuine American cowboys then there is the Country Music Channel want-a-be's ?

Reminds me of Alan Jackson's song.....http://youtu.be/OGUXFHrj9YA

LOL..Thoth you got it.....there are all types of cowboys lol and western state folks..but some more real ones here who can rodeo, play football in their youth, probably be pretty good hunters and outdoorsman, many who also truly ranch, which makes them business men, vets, botanists etc. They ride and are pretty good mechanics for all the damn tractor machine breakdowns if they grew up in affordable small family (in the70's and 80's especially) ski areas that gave kids a deal...they ski ...sometimes even now the big deal is being pulled on skis with a horse....skijoring.

Love Alan Jackson...Sarah

http://www.google.com/search?q=alan+jackson&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=596&prmd=imvnslo&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=-vN_TpOYJajkiAKmmYC6Aw&sqi=2&ved=0CFIQsAQ

Archived