CPAP question

lisaf1

My Dad may be needing a CPAP machine and I had a few questions for those of you who use them. Who do I need to contact at RCI about getting Distilled water to use? If I recall reading somewhere(but I couldn't find the thread again) that RCI will provide distilled water if requested in Advance. Second question,do you need an extension cord? if So sill RCI provide since they don't allow you to take them on board.

Thanks,

Lisa

I was supposed to have the water and extension cord on my March cruise, but it was not in the cabin. No problem -- My cabin attendant said to call housekeeping, and it was in the cabin that evening. You can use regular water occasionally in the CPAP if you have to. I forgot to bring distilled water for my hotel the night before the cruise. You will likely need an extension cord for the hotel. You might also get an extra luggage tag to put on the CPAP, plus have his name inside the CPAP. (Also remember to empty the water tray before packing the CPAP.)

They always provided me with a gallon of distilled water at no cost. I always pack my own extension cord, but they will provide one. The water from the bathroom faucet is purified water in case you need to use it.

By the way, when you are flying, take the cpap as carry on. As someone who has lost their luggage in the past, I can tell you the airline does not reimburse for medical devices, nor for electronics, as in their terms they tell you that they cannot be in your checked bags.

So be sure to bring them in your carry on in the plane!

My husband just got a cpap, and this will be our first cruise with the machine. Thanks for this thread!

I have been using a CPAP for ten years and have always brought my own extension cord, in a carry on bag. I use the CPAP w/o distilled water when traveling and carry the smallish unit in a padded camera bag in the same carry on as the cord and never have had a problem with any of the lines we have been on (RCCL, =X=, Disney, HAL, CCL).

Archived