San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

It's always exciting seeing a ship in port and of course I was envious of those getting back onboard. This ship has a special excitement that I've not felt with other ships in port. Perhaps because it was built as a oceanliner instead of a cruise ship...

Andrew: Sorry I missed you. We had dinner at Forbes Island which was great. I highly recommend it. You feel like you are on a ship with the architechture, decor and the rocking of the "ship". Food was very good as well. It is a perfect place for dinner after viewing a ship in port.

Craig: Thanks for taking and posting the pics! You got some great shots.

Ed: Thanks for the ;) "inside" update!

David

• 2 months later...

:D Dana & I are going on our first Cruise this weekend. Mexican Riviera for 8 nights on the NCL Star. But this one, of course, leaves from Los Angeles.

Not a gay cruise, but with the clothing we bought to wear, it might as well be. :p

-Paulie

:D Dana & I are going on our first Cruise this weekend. Mexican Riviera for 8 nights on the NCL Star. But this one, of course, leaves from Los Angeles.

Not a gay cruise, but with the clothing we bought to wear, it might as well be. :p

-Paulie

Have a great time, Paul!

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

And, by chance, are any of you "cruisers" opting for the Atlantis land resort week in Puerto Vallarta over Halloween? I'm signed up and would enjoy meeting in advance other Bay Area guys who'll be there, too. :)

As you may know, if you're at an Atlantis event, you get first dibs (and a minor discount) on future Atlantis events - cruises/resorts/etc. I'm hoping to sign up for an '08 adventure while I'm in PV.

Gary

San Francisco

sfgoguy@sbcglobal.net

Well we had a beautiful double ship day yesterday (Princess Diamond and the NCL Pearl) and most awesome weather. That meant about 4500 tourists doing the tours and enjoying our beautiful city.

There were lots of "family" on the ships as well.

As a 25 (or so) year resident of San Francisco, I was able to cruise into and out of the Bay for the first time on May 1, 2007, while sailing on the Vision of the Seas. What a fantastic experience it was! I set my wake-up call for 5am and was out on deck soon after. Seeing the City from the Pacific Ocean was quite a treat, but very chilly. We took on the San Francisco pilot about 5:15am, the sun came up, and we passed through the Golden Gate at 6am. Passing by Fort Mason, looking up Divisidero Street, and seeing Coit Tower from the Bay was memorable. We were docked by 7am and I was on the F-Car to Castro and Market to stop by home to check my e-mail and catch up on minor chores. It turned out to be a nice sunny day. Before our sail away, I was able to climb the Rock Wall 2 1/2 times and it was quite a thrill to look back at Alcatraz from the wall. To stay warm, I spent sail-away in the Viking Crown Lounge with a nice Jack & Coke. The view of Marin and Angel Island was great. This experience gave me a whole new 'view' of our great City from a unique perspective. It left me all warm and fuzzy - we are truely lucky to live in such a beautiful place.

I agree, jjb415. In all my cruises, there has been nothing more thrilling than the times I've sailed into SF Bay or left from Pier 35. We are all so fortunate to live here. :)

So much of world would trade places with us in a "New York Minute." And, we so often take what we have for granted (mea culpa).

You know, we should have a meeting of the CC San Francisco Cruisers sometime at a friendly bar (or coffee house). I'm fairly new to the Board and there may have been such gatherings in the past. If so, it's a tradition that should be renewed. And, I'd enjoy connecting a face(s) to a screen name.

What say yee, Thread Posters? ;)

Gary

San Francisco

So much of world would trade places with us in a "New York Minute." And, we so often take what we have for granted (mea culpa).

You know, we should have a meeting of the CC San Francisco Cruisers sometime at a friendly bar (or coffee house). I'm fairly new to the Board and there may have been such gatherings in the past. If so, it's a tradition that should be renewed. And, I'd enjoy connecting a face(s) to a screen name.

What say yee, Thread Posters? ;)

Gary

San Francisco

Great idea Gary! I'd do my best to get there with my 3 'cruise buddies'. Unfortunately everyone is sooooo busy these days! Let us know.:)