sailing on the gem next week...have a few questions

aims2084

going on the gem next week and have a few questions

1. are u able to bring liquor or wine in your suitcase??? When i went on carnival last year I was able to bring 2 bottles i think.....

2. Can you bring a case of water on???

3. Going to bermuda... Anyone know any good places to jetski???

4. Any where to rent scooters????

:cool:thanks so much!

Amy

Okay here we go!

You can bring as much WINE on board with you NOT CHECKED and delcare it and pay the $15 corkage fee for each bottle. If it is IN your suitcase and you hand it off to the porters you might get called to the naughty room to pick up your suitcase and have your bottle confiscated. Hard liquor is NOT allowed.

Yes, you can bring on a case of water, case of pop, case of mixers, case of gatorade that can all be checked in with your luggage, just tape a luggage tag on the case, make sure the box is taped so your cans won't go spilling off the porter's cart and wait for it to show up at your cabin along with your suitcases.

Can't help with #3

Just remember that in Bermuda they drive on narrow roads on the WRONG side of the road. Get your head on straight, be careful and think twice about renting a scooter. I remember reading a thread where a cruise passenger was killed on a scooter in Bermuda.

Have a fun trip!

aims2084 asked: ....3. Going to bermuda... Anyone know any good places to jetski???...

You are only allowed to rent jet skis as part of an organized tour. Here are some tour operators:

If you have any more questions about Bermuda, I would recommend asking them at the Ports of Call board, Bermuda forum - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

SBtS

going on the gem next week and have a few questions

1. are u able to bring liquor or wine in your suitcase??? When i went on carnival last year I was able to bring 2 bottles i think.....

2. Can you bring a case of water on???

3. Going to bermuda... Anyone know any good places to jetski???

4. Any where to rent scooters????

:cool:thanks so much!

Amy

Answering #4 --- as soon as you step off the ship at King's Wharf there's a scooter rental place. BUT, be mindful, as sauer-kraut said (;))...you're driving on the left side of the road. I crashed on a scooter going around a traffic circle with my 8-yr old on the back...very dangerous...be careful & have fun!

You'll love the Gem...a fabulous ship..I already booked it for a 9-day next fall! :)

aims2084 asked: ....3. Going to bermuda... Anyone know any good places to jetski???...

You are only allowed to rent jet skis as part of an organized tour. Here are some tour operators:

If you have any more questions about Bermuda, I would recommend asking them at the Ports of Call board, Bermuda forum - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

SBtS

do you know if you could book them when u get therE? im just not sure what day we want to do them yet

do you know if you could book them when u get therE? im just not sure what day we want to do them yet

My daughter did the Snorkel Park Jetski. We just happened to be at the beach, she wanted to do it and booked in right then (you do have to pay to get into the beach though). They had 4 ski's to rent and one for a staff member. He took them out to see a sunken ship I think. They were gone for about 1/2 an hour. Not sure if this is aways the same.

It's convienent as it's at the Dockyard. Maybe 10 min walk from the ship.

Have fun, Bermuda is beautiful!

Archived