Excellent customer service experience

reefgirl

I made a reservation earlier this month which included $300 OBC. The agent was very nice and told me that I could get an additional discount if I were an AARP member. So I became a member. When I called back for the discount I was told I could have OBC or AARP, but not both. That seems reasonable, but I was a little miffed because I became an AARP member for this reason only. Heck, I'm only 51 and am way too young for AARP ;). So I spoke with a supervisor and she said they would have to recall the original reservation telephone call and that would take a couple of days. They have since applied the OBC. I was very pleased with everyone I spoke with regarding this reservation, as well as my prior sailings. Thank-you NCL

I also had a positive experience although I had to go to the top to get it.

I was going to book over Labor Day weekend for a trip at the end of October. The price INCREASED by $40 each while I was in the middle of booking! I was able to get $75 in OBC and a bottle of wine, so I went ahead and booked. Within a few days, the price dropped again by a total of $70 pp!!

Calls to NCL were met with "there's nothing we can do" and "there's a 50% cancellation fee" and the rep I booked with would not reply to my emails or phone calls, so I sent an email to Kevin Sheehan himself (NCL CEO). I got a call the next day telling me they were crediting me the $140!

LUCKY YOU and GOOD for NCL...we couldnt get our AARP % applied--if you are a member and they say they give discounts for that--it should be for all...just my feelin

but i have had some good POSITIVE experiences with NCL also, if i didnt they wouldnt be my preferred line!!

We have been on 6 Norwegian cruises and have NEVER had a bad experience with them. Customer Service, activity director, food service personnel, room steward, etc. We book directly with NCL and never a TA because of the lack of service some TA's give back.

I made a reservation earlier this month which included $300 OBC. The agent was very nice and told me that I could get an additional discount if I were an AARP member. So I became a member. When I called back for the discount I was told I could have OBC or AARP, but not both. That seems reasonable, but I was a little miffed because I became an AARP member for this reason only. Heck, I'm only 51 and am way too young for AARP ;). So I spoke with a supervisor and she said they would have to recall the original reservation telephone call and that would take a couple of days. They have since applied the OBC. I was very pleased with everyone I spoke with regarding this reservation, as well as my prior sailings. Thank-you NCL

Questions about AARP. DH and I are Canadian. I just googled AARP and cannot seem to find info I want. Can someone help? I understand this is for travel insurance - at least that's the part I am interested in.

1. Can Canadians apply?

2. Does the application require a medical?

3. Would travel insurance include medical, cancellation for any reason, etc.?

4. What is the average discout for people 55 yrs and over?

5. Discount on cruises - do they have to be booked through AARP, or can we book through NCL, or is it good for any cruise line?

5. Any other info anyone can provide?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Questions about AARP. DH and I are Canadian. I just googled AARP and cannot seem to find info I want. Can someone help? I understand this is for travel insurance - at least that's the part I am interested in.

1. Can Canadians apply?

2. Does the application require a medical?

3. Would travel insurance include medical, cancellation for any reason, etc.?

4. What is the average discout for people 55 yrs and over?

5. Discount on cruises - do they have to be booked through AARP, or can we book through NCL, or is it good for any cruise line?

5. Any other info anyone can provide?

Any help you can provide is appreciated.

You can become a member of AARP if you are Canadian. I was able to apply for my husband once he turned 49. He was given an associate membership that became a full membership upon turning 50. I also get to be a member because of my husband's membership -- I just turned 46.

Not sure about other cruise lines but with NCL, you just have to book nine months out to receive a 5 percent discount. Sometimes they have last-minute AARP deals or special sailings that are not nine months out but you still get a discount. If you go to the bottom of the NCL website, you will see something that says Partners and Programs. Right under that is AARP.

Proof of Membership

AARP members must provide their date of birth and zip code at time of bookings. If this information is not immediately available, information must be provided no later than at time of deposit. Reservations that cannot be verified will be repriced and a new confirmation will be sent to guest.

You can apply online for membership. You will receive discounts etc.

There is also an offer right now for $50 onboard credit if booked by Sept. 28. You always need to make sure the correct code is included when checking prices AND you do have to fax in a copy of your AARP card.

I had a positive experience with NCL this week, too. My PCC is no longer with NCL, and I have talked to two others who answer when I call her old number. I had talked to one of these PCCs about applying a future cruise credit, prior to obtaining it from someone else, to an existing booking. He said yes, this is possible, it just reduces the balance by the 250.

When I called back to the new PCC's extension, someone else answered, and I told them the reason for calling, and the new PCC told me we could not do that. So I told him that the other one told me that I could just last week, so he got him on the phone. After a few technical complications, the transaction was completed satisfactorily, and I received an e-mail with the new, reduced balance.

Way to go, NCL! Thanks again for great customer service!

We were having difficulty getting the "Book Early" OBC promo along with my Lattitude OBC that I received for changing from bronze to silver status. Everytime I called, I got a different customer service representative that told me the computer would not take both promo codes, only one. That being said, I emailed the Lattitudes Department and they straightened it out and sent me a confirming email for my records. I have always had better service through email communication. However, either way it is worth your efforts to get the OBC's you feel you are deserved.

I booked early and had my choice of the AARP discount or $300 OBC, which was more than the AARP discount. So I chose the OBC.

I love my AARP discounts, and I just turned 50 last year. But have had it for years because of my husband being older than I. We've used it on many a hotel room and on rental cars while on vacation. Mine's paid for itself a couple of times! I'm sure not embarrassed that I carry their card in my wallet!

Archived