Laundry costs

Magic City Cruiser

Can someone give me a run down on laundry costs, do it yourself and services and are they the same on each ship? We're sailing the Ecstasy on October 8 :D

self laundry- 2.00 to wash 2.00 to dry. (this was February of this year) it has been reported that some people pay 3.00 to wash 3.00 to dry.

midweek- i take the laundry to the washer before i head to breakfast. by the time I am done eating the laundry is ready for the dryer.

I take my own detergent/ dryer sheet. (i use a pillow case to transport the laundry to the laundry room.

--laundry service-- one day there is a 15.00 sale for everything you can stuff in the bag- if you have wash that may be susceptible to shrink do not even consider it- wash is done with hot water.

Just came back from the Magic 12 day.

$3 to wash / $3 to dry

Not once did they offer the special. I guess that if they are busy enough, they don't run the sale ? Self serve was only on 3 floors. so 9 washers & 18 dryers for 4000 people.

$3 each wash and dry but I also bring my own Purexs Complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets. Put them in the wash then to dryer and no spills to worry abought in travel. Espically with flying being so expensive taking extra clothes is out for us. But keep in mind $6 a load is pricey to so think about the options, that are right for you.

$3 each wash and dry but I also bring my own Purexs Complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets. Put them in the wash then to dryer and no spills to worry abought in travel. Espically with flying being so expensive taking extra clothes is out for us. But keep in mind $6 a load is pricey to so think about the options, that are right for you.

6.00 for a load to wash may seem pricey-- in the begining but just think that you will not have that much laudry to do AFTER vacation (priceless)

Purex - that's what I use. Purell was close, but that's hand sanitizer isn't it? The machines took coins when I was cruising in March. When visiting college campuses this summer, we saw machines that you paid for with the campus key card. It would be great to just use the sail and sign card to pay for the laundry also.

Thanks, yall! I told my cruise buddies but they said $15 was 2 DOD's and they'd just stick with the Tide stain stick..:D.

Guess we all have our priorities, huh? By the way, we don't do our own laundry on a ship, but we have sent things out to be washed.:)

Most of the clothes I carry on cruises are either Terrivoyle or microfiber and can be washed in the sink in the room and hung to dry overnight. Undershirts are another matter, but I will either carry enough for the cruise or plan on spending some time doing laundry.

Now DW is another story, but she has been sprayed with teflon, doesn't sweat and doesn't need to change clothes:p:p:p:p

Doc

I was on the Legend 9/4. $3 per washer (quarters only) and $3 per dryer (quarters too) AND an Official CCL sign with HUGE letters on the dryers that said "Each washer load will require 2 dryers".

$9 per load.

What they didn't tell you was that the loads didn't get dry in one dryer cycle - even split into two as the sign instructed. Two of the dryers didn't get warm at all, one got lukewarm and one was hot to touch and would work - of course I didn't get that one! :D

I used the self serve laundry on the Verandah Deck - I want to say they were near Cabin 7267?

Had our Cabin Steward left the bag for the Bag Deal I would have chosen that route. We never did get a laundry bag or a room service menu!

Didn't affect my overall cruise - it's just that next time I think I will forgo the 3.5 hour laundry experience! :D

For two DoD?

I fit - summer pants, 2 pair shorts, 3 dress shirts, 2 polos, 9 Ts, 2 shells - so sorry, a DOD or 2 doesn't cut it for me. Besides I don't like DOD's far too sweet and expensive for me - not worth it - not a DOD fan

I think I paid $3 to wash and $3 to dry also. For laundry, I recommend the purell sheets. I take some in a plastic ziploc bag. They have detergent, fabric softener and dryer sheets built in.

That's what I paid in may on conquest.

The Purell sheet suggestion is the best tip ever, I didn't even know that these existed until I read cruise critic;they hardly take up any room, and there is nothing to spill or juggle.

The machines that I used on deck 8 only took quarters, the pursors desk will give you change if you need it.

Archived