Everyday items on mdr

ISLAND DIVA

The sample main dining room menu on the Celebrity web site actually is the every day portion of the menu!

So you can get any of the food items, for appetizers through desserts and side dishes, from the following PDF every day:

http://media.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/content/en_US/pdf/CEL_Main_Menu.pdf

I notice the salmon comes with boiled potatoes and asparagus. What if you want the chicken with the boiled potatoes and asparagus instead of mashed potatoes and broccoli?

What items are on the Solstice MDR menu that are there everyday?Do they have chicken ,steak and fish.Maybe a salad and a certain desert that is always available.Thank you.

Just ask for it the way you want. I usually only order fish from the right side of the menu (the daily menu doesn't change and is on the left side). Then I substitute all the stuff that comes with it for green beans. I also ask if they have carrots, broccoli or any other steamed veggies. Usually they can provide them. I also get the fish or chicken without sauces or get the sauce on the side. Mix and match - they can probably do it!

I notice the salmon comes with boiled potatoes and asparagus. What if you want the chicken with the boiled potatoes and asparagus instead of mashed potatoes and broccoli?

You can get whatever you want along those lines for the asking. Either they will substitute the items on the plate or bring you side order of the dishes you want. You can get any side dish from the every night menu or a side of any item included on any of the entrees that night.

Often we'll ask the waiter to bring a couple large plates of green vegetables and a large plate of mashed potatoes to the table every night to pass around as extra sides. Things like that are no issue at all.

You can get whatever you want along those lines for the asking. Either they will substitute the items on the plate or bring you side order of the dishes you want. You can get any side dish from the every night menu or a side of any item included on any of the entrees that night.

Often we'll ask the waiter to bring a couple large plates of green vegetables and a large plate of mashed potatoes to the table every night to pass around as extra sides. Things like that are no issue at all.

Thanks, Lsimon!

Also, if there is another dish not on the menu which you'd really like to have then make a special request. The dining room staff usually can get you any item that they have the ingredients for as long as it is not too extravagant. It will take some advance notice and you'll need to talk to your Asst. Maitre d' to make the request. It is not uncommon to ask for different vegetable, side dishes, or appetizers to be served one night or even every night.

Be careful what you ask for. We had one very service oriented Assist. Maitre d' one cruise. We talked about several appetizer dishes we'd like with him and found huge plates of each of 3 or 4 appetizers being served for the entire table every night. It was way too much and we politely thanked him and asked to cut back after a few nights.

Yes! I raved to our Ass't Waiter one night early in the cruise about a salad dressing (something with "onion" in the name) and he brought it out to me every night after that even though it was not one of the three dressings of the evening. I felt obligated each night to have "my" special dressing since he was so nice about it.

Be careful what you ask for. We had one very service oriented Assist. Maitre d' one cruise. We talked about several appetizer dishes we'd like with him and found huge plates of each of 3 or 4 appetizers being served for the entire table every night. It was way too much and we politely thanked him and asked to cut back after a few nights.

When on the Connie last Jan. DH asked Jan, our asst. Maitre'd if Southern fried chicken was ever served in the MDR or buffet. Jan said no but pulled out his phone and started typing in what pieces we preferred and if the next day would be alright. When we arrived at the table the next evening 2 huge platters of chicken legs were waiting for us. (unfortunately I don't think anyone in the galley had ever heard of Southern fried chicken.) :confused: We each choked down one piece then passed it among neighboring tables and thanked him profusely. Now I feel lucky we didn't find the same waiting for us each night.

Archived