Combinable Benefits Help!

Fun2snorkel

Hi. I am about to book a cruise and want to ensure that I get the best discounts and OBC combinations.

I am Diamond and travelling with my daughter who is also Diamond.

The cruise length we plan to book is 7 nights in May 2012.

* I have a Next Cruise Certificate that is I believe would allow for $100 OBC, purchased Dec 2010.

* My daughter owns RCL stock, so I believe that would allow for $100 OBC.

* We plan to book a balcony room, which I believe is a $225 room discount (since it is > 6 months out).

* My daughter has a special savings certificate she received in the mail after her last cruise that is a $50 per stateroom savings certificate.

How do we maximize our OBC and room discounts? So, what is combinable and what is not?

Thanks!!

The shareholder benefit can't be combined with anything. Use your NextCruise certificate and then use your Diamond balcony discount.

With the certificate if it's the one they typically send you after a cruise that says book within so many days and receive $50 off then you can't combine that one with anything.

You can combine a NextCruise with either a Crown & Anchor balcony discount (for Platinum members and above) or a savings certificate for that particular sailing. That's about the only things you can combine anymore.

The exception to that would be OBC from the Royal Caribbean Visa card. That you can combine with anything.

I could be wrong ( but will be set straight)

If you are sharing the cabin you can combine your Next Cruise OBC with:

your Diamond Balc discount

OR

your daughters stock discount

OR

the savings certificate

Sadly, they are not combinable! Your best bet is to go with the discount that gives you tge biggest dollars ( for you probably the diamond balc discount). Also you can only apply one Diamond Balc Discount to the cabin even if multiple diamonds are sharing.

Good luck!

The discounts - as I understand it - are per cabin not per passenger and some of them are not combinable as the previous posters have stated. If you have a good TA they can sort it out easily for you. Good luck and happy sailing.

Hi. I am about to book a cruise and want to ensure that I get the best discounts and OBC combinations.

I am Diamond and travelling with my daughter who is also Diamond.

The cruise length we plan to book is 7 nights in May 2012.

* I have a Next Cruise Certificate that is I believe would allow for $100 OBC, purchased Dec 2010.

* My daughter owns RCL stock, so I believe that would allow for $100 OBC.

* We plan to book a balcony room, which I believe is a $225 room discount (since it is > 6 months out).

* My daughter has a special savings certificate she received in the mail after her last cruise that is a $50 per stateroom savings certificate.

How do we maximize our OBC and room discounts? So, what is combinable and what is not?

Thanks!!

If you are both listed on the same booking you will have just one booking number so you will be able to combine, from what you have listed above........OBC from your NC booking and Balcony discount "or" C&A Savings Certificate. The combining of 2 C&A benefits was reinstated effective June 1, 2010 for all bookings made on a ship as well as NC creations.

You will not be able to combine your OBC from Shareholder Benefits with any C&A benefit as the ability to do that was eliminated effective 12/31/2008.

The ability to combine a C&A Savings Certificate with all other C&A benefits was eliminated 7/1/2008.

Archived