Pricing question..

Rahi

I know this is a hard question.. but I bet someone will know .. Is paying 1598.00 per person before tax, and port charges.. (so base price) about right for a C-3 room leaving N.J. Jan. 2012, to Southern Caribbean on the Silhoutte? Do you think there is still some room for a price drop? Thank you for any help!

I have found that January Caribbean cruises are usually pretty cheap. But that's from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Do you live near the Port and thus aren't flying? I suspect your cruise will lower prices as you get closer to the departure date.

I have found that January Caribbean cruises are usually pretty cheap. But that's from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. Do you live near the Port and thus aren't flying? I suspect your cruise will lower prices as you get closer to the departure date.

I am in Pennsylvania..so not flying. That is what I was afraid of though.. going lower. I saw that last year on all cruise lines for Jan. leaving from NY/NJ.. They went amazingly low for Jan..I was going to book with a group cruise thing for their transportation.. but you will be locked into that price..as it is today. Not a good idea.. I am thinking..

I know this is a hard question.. but I bet someone will know .. Is paying 1598.00 per person before tax, and port charges.. (so base price) about right for a C-3 room leaving N.J. Jan. 2012, to Southern Caribbean on the Silhoutte? Do you think there is still some room for a price drop? Thank you for any help!

I was just checking out the price for my C-3 cabin for the N.J. Jan. 17, 2012 cruise to the Caribbean and up popped a box offering me an upgrade to Aqua Class for $8.25pp per night, thats $198 for two before tax etc for 12 nights. I clicked on a 24 hour courtesy hold while I think it over. Any advice from anyone?

RuffinReady

Bahamas Star (long time ago, in the 50's!)

S.S. France (Transatlantic -1965)

S.S Atlantic (Transatlantic, Mediterranean - American Export Lines - 1966)

Europa (Caribbean - 1969 - North German Lloyd)

Statendam (Caribbean - 1973)

Sunward (Bahamas - c. 1980)

Song of America (Caribbean - 1988)

Crown Princess (Alaska - 1999)

Crown Princess (Baltic - 2001)

Royal Princess (B2B to South America - 2001)

Royal Princess (B2B2B; Transatlantic, France, Belgium, Holland; Gt.Britain-2002)

Celebrity Galaxy (Caribbean - 2003)

Prinsendam (B2B; Transatlantic NYC to Athens – May/June 2005)

Emerald Princess (Transatlantic, Denmark, Norway, Gt. Britain, Iceland, Greenland - 2009

Celebrity Mercury (Caribbean - October 2010)

I was just checking out the price for my C-3 cabin for the N.J. Jan. 17, 2012 cruise to the Caribbean and up popped a box offering me an upgrade to Aqua Class for $8.25pp per night, thats $198 for two before tax etc for 12 nights. I clicked on a 24 hour courtesy hold while I think it over. Any advice from anyone?

RuffinReady

Royal Princess (B2B2B; Transatlantic, France, Belgium, Holland; Gt.Britain-2002)

Emerald Princess (Transatlantic, Denmark, Norway, Gt. Britain, Iceland, Greenland - 2009

We got AQ for Silhouette 12/12/11 sailing for $1350 p.p. w/ port chg and tax.

I got AQ on Eclipse, 7 days last January, for $899, and scored one of the hump cabins and got a $200 OBC to boot. Don't know if the same deals will pop up for this year r not!

I doubt that was out of NY though but if it was that was a great deal. It is usually much higher out of the Northeast since the cruiselines know you are saving so much on airfare. All things being equal most people would rather cruise from a homeport just to avoid the airport stress.

I doubt that was out of NY though but if it was that was a great deal. It is usually much higher out of the Northeast since the cruiselines know you are saving so much on airfare. All things being equal most people would rather cruise from a homeport just to avoid the airport stress.

Oh sorry, I missed that part--this was from Miami--but hardly my homeport, which would be San Francisco I guess! I had been wanting to try AQ and an S class ship and this price was too good to pass up--plus we got amazing airfare on Virgin nonstop into Ft. Lauderdale.

who knows....anything can happen...maybe a concierge guarantee price, maybe a senior fare, maybe a ny resident price, maybe nothing at all.

If you want to save some money, book a 1c balcony which is exactly the same size...the perks for cc cabins aren't worth all that much to most (see many other threads on this). I would think that you can find a TA that would offer you an OBC in addition to a good price on that cruise.

RuffinReady

Definitely take the AQ deal - its worth it for Blu alone

Archived