12,000 passengers will be in Grand Cayman

CRUISING71

I'll be there on December 6th. Cruisecal, CruiseTimeTables, and RCI's website all include a ship missing from the Cayman Port Authority Website, the Navigator of the Seas.

Anyhoo, I'll be in the Celebrity Millennium and there will be six ships present that day with a total of 15,271 passengers!

P.S. Don't forget, the ships don't actually dock there, they anchor out and it's quite a sight when there are a bunch of them all sitting just off the coast.

I just saw this on the port website as well and placed it on our roll call...

Even though all these ships are not going to be docked at the island, it still means that ALL those passengers will be ON the island...

What can be done to avoid to big crowds? (Staying on board is not an option...)

I just saw this on the port website as well and placed it on our roll call...

Even though all these ships are not going to be docked at the island, it still means that ALL those passengers will be ON the island...

What can be done to avoid to big crowds? (Staying on board is not an option...)

Hey...we are the same cruise. I guess that mean book excursion early and reserve a place.

I would also make sure that if you book a private excursion, that it is one that is scheduled to end early enough that you leave yourself plenty of time to get back to the tender line.

GT is well known for traffic at the port and obviously long tender lines, especially when there are that many passengers on the island.

According to the Cayman Islands 2010 census the estimated resident population is 54,878 people. And that includes the smaller islands and other towns than Georgetown. Georgetown has only about 35,600. Which means a group of people 1/3 the size of the entire town population will be disembarking.

Given that- an addition another nearly 13,000 people is sure to be noticed. I don't think it is possible to avoid the crowds.

I just discovered the same thing this morning for our cruise in January! Glad to see they are probably accustomed to welcoming so many guests in one day. Now I just need to find an excursion and book it:)

I too would recommend stingray city if you like to snorkel.

Keith

Archived