One Night Substitution

I have been researching options for Tauranga/Auckland for our NZ Cruise in Jan 2012.

One option I have is to meet up with Shirley's Bro (Malcolm) who now lives in Auk, when we are in Tauranga and spend some time with him and his family...staying overnight at their place and rejoining the ship in AUk. I see no probs with that so long as we advise the concierge beforehand.

It then occured to me that why not let our nephew (and his fiance) take our overnight place/cabin on board. No major daytime space but at least a free meal and some nighttime activities.

Nephew Tom's fiance might get away with impersonating Shirley (who holds her age well) but no way would Tom get away with pretending to be me. :o

I fancy if I was to ask the cruise line they would not agree to a substitution (even tho there are no passport issues involved) - wouldn't fit their policies! But why not?

Has anyone else encountered this situation and had any luck ?

cheers

I have been researching options for Tauranga/Auckland for our NZ Cruise in Jan 2012.

One option I have is to meet up with Shirley's Bro (Malcolm) who now lives in Auk, when we are in Tauranga and spend some time with him and his family...staying overnight at their place and rejoining the ship in AUk. I see no probs with that so long as we advise the concierge beforehand.

It then occured to me that why not let our nephew (and his fiance) take our overnight place/cabin on board. No major daytime space but at least a free meal and some nighttime activities.

Nephew Tom's fiance might get away with impersonating Shirley (who holds her age well) but no way would Tom get away with pretending to be me. :o

I fancy if I was to ask the cruise line they would not agree to a substitution (even tho there are no passport issues involved) - wouldn't fit their policies! But why not?

Has anyone else encountered this situation and had any luck ?

cheers

if they can do it they have to show ID to go on the ship and they would have to use your cruise card to ding on and security would stop them so you would have to get the ok from princess in writing and any purchases they make onboard it would be on your account

And what a precedence something like that would set!!!!!! What would be good for one would also be good for all.

Disregarding all other issues like security, etc - can you imagine what would happen if they suddenly allowed all passengers to visit the Bridge?? :p

Barry

I'm not meaning to be rude but really do you think that this would be Ok and WOULd work?

You'd never get past security as passenger's photos are taken on embarkation and is checked when boarding on checking in with cruise card at security.

really unbelieveable?

Best to check with cruise line but I don't think they WILL allow it but good luck!

B&B

Archived