Man overboard on the Conquest

*Mach*

It saddens me to hear stuff like this...my heart goes out to this man's family and friends....as well as anyone that may have had to witness it...

Mach, I appreciate the post because I don't follow Heald so it is news to me.

We are currently waitin to get cleared, it happened just as we left Cozumel. I did not see it, but was told he jumped from deck 10, and as of last night, the body has not been found. I was scuba diving in Cozumel and can tell you the currents were fast and strong on that day. It was a very sad last day on the ship.

We are currently waitin to get cleared, it happened just as we left Cozumel. I did not see it, but was told he jumped from deck 10, and as of last night, the body has not been found. I was scuba diving in Cozumel and can tell you the currents were fast and strong on that day. It was a very sad last day on the ship.

From that height the impact alone might have been fatal.

Tragic...

I'm at work and can't access facebook, so I'm glad stuff's posted on here so I'm not outta the loop!:p

And I am one of the few remaining human beings who does NOT have a facebook page, so I am also glad that things from John's page are posted here! :) Despite popular belief, the world does not revolve around facebook! LOL

Misty

First off, my condolences to the family and friends.

While there is a chance this was not a suicide I think most of us are thinking it was.

While suicide is a very selfish thing and causes so much pain for the family and friends (and in this case the witnesses), I do feel for people that are so desperate that they would take their own life. To think that the only way out is death has to be the worst feeling ever. :(

I will be keeping all involved in my thoughts.

On the subject of posting info here that was posted on FB? I for one am glad Mach posted it as I would never have seen it as I don't look at JH's FB page much.

I hate the selfishness of the person committing the act, but it does the family no good to express that view directly to them (Here it doesn't matter, that's why were here anyways, to discuss and share opinions) - they have the personal grief to contend with and as respectful people we must maintain the air of support to comfort them in their loss.

I know, I've been down this path personally.

That is why I hang out here, 99% of you I believe are like minded, or at least civil.

As for inevitable trolls on boards like these - God bless the "Block Member" feature! So nice to filter out the oral diarrhea of others when needed.

I'm at work and can't access facebook, so I'm glad stuff's posted on here so I'm not outta the loop!:p

Prayers for the man and his family.

I don't Facebook at all and I don't read his blogs as often any more, so I am another one who appreciates the pertinent info from JH's FB page and blog posted here.

Totally agree with both. Thank you, Mach, for keeping us updated -- and for all you do. At least, SOME of us are grateful!! :rolleyes: Silver

Looks like a surly morning on the ole website today. I don't Facebook either and never will. Don't need social media nonsense, so these updates are helpful.

DITTO.....Thanks Mach, your updates here are useful to me too as I don't blog or go on Facebook! My sympathies go out to his loved ones!

How to put a poster on the Ignore List so you don't have to read their crap.

1] Click on their name

2] Click "View Public Profile" from drop down box

3] Click "USER LIST" under their name in the top left corner

4] Click "Add to Ignore List"

5] Click "Yes" to confirm

That's all there is!

C'mon people now, gather together and do your part for harmony on the boards!!!

Prayers for the man and his family.

I don't Facebook at all and I don't read his blogs as often any more, so I am another one who appreciates the pertinent info from JH's FB page and blog posted here.

I don't Facebook either. I am grateful for those who post information on here to keep us posted.

That's exactly what I thought. The ultimate FU. People can be so incredibly stupid.

...or depserate...or sick....

Like I said, be thankful that you are mentally healthy and you couldn't even grasp the amount of depression/desperation it would take to do this.

Looks like a surly morning on the ole website today. I don't Facebook either and never will. Don't need social media nonsense, so these updates are helpful.
Nah, just the usual...consider the source. So, did you and GAPEARL ever get together today for the DOD's? :D I don't do the social media stuff either.

Some people you will find are not worth responding to.
Exactly!! See ignore instructions below.

1] Click on their name

That's all there is!

Very clear, concise and easy to follow, and, guess what? It works, until someone quotes the nastiness!!:mad::eek: Silver Thank you again, Mach!

1] Click on their name

That's all there is!

Wow that was easy, tysvm!

Archived