First time cruise on Queen Mary

Jody Ellis

Jody - What do you enjoy doing when you are at home? You have been given all sorts of ideas of things to do on board - don't any appeal to you? You will be with your family and I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Whenever we took our teenage children on cruises they were very enthusiastic about the whole thing, whether it was the other people they met, the entertainment, the food, etc, etc

Just don't know what to pack or what to do to stop me from being bored when I am on board for two weeks, Jody:o

Jody, for daytime you just need normal clothes - jeans, leggings, same as you wear at home.

Formal evenings look at maxi dresses or a long skirt - dress them up with heels and a spot of Topshop bling; pick stuff you can wear afterwards. Palazzo pants are also around this year - wear with dressy tops. Can't believe I'm typing this, as I'm not exactly a fashion guru; however, I have three daughters in their twenties and have obviously been brainwashed.

Have a wonderful time - I imagine at this time of year there will be several others on board around your age. You never know who you may meet...

Mary:)

Archived