Solstice to the West Coast

skiman1

Just looked at Hawaii cruises for 2013 and noted the Solstice will sail from Hawaii to Ensenada in April 2013. Could that mean she will do a West Coast wine cruise and then Alaska?? The 2013 schedules for Pacific Coast and Alaska are not published yet, but this looks promising.

Princess has been bringing their newest and biggest ships over here for years, maybe Celebrity will finally follow suit.

Do the biggest ship's fit through the Panama Canal?

Not until 2015. Presently anything longer than 965 FT and wider than 106 Ft will not fit through the Canal. 91,000 - 95,000 GT is about the max tonnage for the present system.

This was the subject of much speculation when the schedules were first released. It was surmised that since she cannot fit under the Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver that any Alaska cruises would depart from Seattle. But nothing for sure has been released. I can't imagine her doing an entire season of Mexican Riviera cruises so Alaska is sort of a given being that she will be on the west coast already.

And I'll gladly take Nanaimo, one of the most beautiful places in Canada!

Plus they make my favorite dessert http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanaimo_bar

And many other associated treats.

http://www.nanaimo.ca/assets/Business/PDFs/NanaimoBarTrail.pdf

Peanut Butter Nanaimo Bars are fabulous!! They always sell first on our bake tables!

I would love to see Celebrity do more on the west coast. We are booked on Solstice Sydney to Honolulu in April 2013. Hope the Solstice stays on the west coast !!

Well, I hope this is true as I've been wanted to try Celebrity and this would make is so easy for me since I live in Southern California. Not too crazy about the California Coastals though as I've been to all the cities multiple times on land vacations. I'll be interested to see what happens and what itineraries they have if she stays.

Hi,

It's generally presumed as a given that SOLLY will be doing the

Alaska 7 day return trip ex Seattle summer 2013.

Thus replacing INFY.....What is not nearly as ''given'' is :: is Infinity replacing Century on the Vancouver 7 days round trips with Century returning to Europe ? Or is Infinity herself returning to Europe and Century staying put ?

Celebrity is defenitely not adding '' S '' class capacity to the existing supply for Alaska....that would be ill-advised....and Solly will no longer be in Europe, remember....so something has to replace her there.....

unless == X == feels Europe deployment is a bit rich and decides to keep capacity in the Carribean year round...

Arm chair dispatching is fun....( but the pay is louzy....!:rolleyes:)

Cheers

What about some new itineraries like...

* US West Coast to Australia

* US West Coast to South America and around the Horn

* US West Coast to Callao (Lima, Peru) and Back to US West Coast

* US West Coast to Hawaii, Tahiti & Marquesas Islands and Back to US West Coast

Sure would be nice....:)

Archived