How much can you carry on ?

Princesss

Well, I would hope it wouldn't come to that. However if the website is saying I can carry on my 24 inch tall suitcase (which is the largest one I have carried on in 17 cruises) then yes I would have a big problem with that.

Guess I'd better go on the website and print out that information so I can carry it with me on future Carnival cruises-just in case.

You can do that, but ultimately the port personelle have the ability to pull your bags and have them hand-searched or sent to the porters for handling. You aren't dealing with CCL's people, you're dealing with port personelle who might not be too interested in hearing what CCL has to say.

Or they could completely ignore you. My point is, chances are you can do what you want to do. But if you can't, throwing a fit to get what you want might end you up on a DHS watchlist.

Had that happen at Port Canaveral one time........

I had measured and re-measured the piece I was carrying one and was sure it was under the size requirement. When I got to the terminal the porter said I had to check it......I told him I had measured it and I thought it was the right size to which he replied "you can try it, but I don't think you can".

I marched myself right to the terminal all full of myself and was promptly told to go back and check it. So "red faced" I go back to the same porter and hand him my bag. But he thank goodnes he was nice about it......:o

I wasn't about to cause a scene.......cause I was about to cruise!!!! :D

HMMMMMMMMMMMM~ I didn't realize you could carry on regular size luggage. Since we don't plan on arriving at the port until 2:30ish, I am thinking we might just carry it on with us.

Does anyone know if later arrival = later luggage arrival to cabin? Logically, I would think yes. Just curious :)

We got on around 230p (birth certificate/customs issue!) and our luggage was by our door when we got to our room, by 3p. But...... we think our luggage was yanked from the original pile (we got there at 1130am'ish) because of the customs issue. We know they put a search on our luggage but not sure if they actually yanked it. When we walked by the luggage containers ours were right on top. So, this is probably why ours was there so fast. Either it was yanked and thrown on top, or it wasn't yanked and we got it right away because we arrived early'ish.

I guess this probably won't really help you like I thought it would when I thought about it originally. LOL ;)

We got on around 230p (birth certificate/customs issue!) and our luggage was by our door when we got to our room, by 3p. But...... we think our luggage was yanked from the original pile (we got there at 1130am'ish) because of the customs issue. We know they put a search on our luggage but not sure if they actually yanked it. When we walked by the luggage containers ours were right on top. So, this is probably why ours was there so fast. Either it was yanked and thrown on top, or it wasn't yanked and we got it right away because we arrived early'ish.

I guess this probably won't really help you like I thought it would when I thought about it originally. LOL ;)

Could you elaborate on the BC problem?

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I was wondering if anyone can please tell me how much you can carry on and what is the largest size luggage you are allowed to carry on. I want to really minimize my packing and would like to try to get it on myself instead of having to wait for it to get there in the evening.

I see someone has already posted the size limit for you. I take a bathing suit, coverup, sandals, pj's, undergarments, extra daytime outfit, light jacket, a dress, heels, all my jewelry, important papers, electronics, along with my can't live without toiletries, blow dryer, hair straightner, and over the door shoe holder for all my stuff. If the rest of my luggage never makes it to my room (heard too many stories of accidents with luggage falling into the water), I would be just fine. Also, sometimes all the luggage doesn't get delivered until after we leave for dinner, so I have clothes to change into.

The only thing I carry onboard is a small luggage that has medical equipment, cameras, laptops etc. and Wendy carries onboard the Coleman Gas Grill that we set up out on the balcony. Don't want the Grill to get all bent up in the Luggage bins

Fred

Oh Wennfred - I want to cruise with you. I'll bring the s'mores ingredients!

I see someone has already posted the size limit for you. I take a bathing suit, coverup, sandals, pj's, undergarments, extra daytime outfit, light jacket, a dress, heels, all my jewelry, important papers, electronics, along with my can't live without toiletries, blow dryer, hair straightner, and over the door shoe holder for all my stuff. If the rest of my luggage never makes it to my room (heard too many stories of accidents with luggage falling into the water), I would be just fine. Also, sometimes all the luggage doesn't get delivered until after we leave for dinner, so I have clothes to change into.

You mean there's more? :eek: :D

Archived