New Years Eve on board

drosphot

What's New Years Eve like on board? Is there an Elegant Party or mixed attire/do as you please? Are there different parties all over the ship or just one big one?

I am looking into a surprise cruise for the DW in Dec 2012 for our anniversary and NYE and looking at either the Legend or Splendor. Will be on the Magic in August so I am not sure if we like that ship yet. I am getting bored with the Western Caribbean itinerary though, so I am considering traveling to the port.

The Miracle was our favorite so far so the Legend out of Tampa is most appealing especially since it has Belize and Isla Roatan on it and we do love Cozumel. What's the Splendor like? Is it like the Conquest class ships? I think the Conquest was just slightly too big for my liking and besides I really want to get the Vista Wrap Suite on the Spirit class ship.:D

So what do y'all think?

Hi...my family was onboard the Pride last year (week between Christmas and New Years) If I remember correctly, the following celebrations took place:

- free champagne during embarkation and continued to be served up until sailaway

- party favors (hats, noise makers) were left in cabins for each guest for any NYE celebrating

- NYE actually fell on our second formal (elegant) night; there was a huge party in the Atrium; free champagne (I don't think the regular bar drinks were free); most folks were dressed well; great dinner that night in the MDR; Kids club (Circle C) held parties for the tweens/teens

- at midnight, there was a beautiful balloon drop in the Atrium and the ships horn blew three times

- I crashed shortly after this so I don't know if anything else took place!:) Hope you enjoy!!

We have been on several new years cruises. You get champaigne upon embarkation and on New Years. Party favors in your cabin. A special menu in the dining room. There are usually 2 celebrations. One indoors on the promenade deck or atrium with balloons and another main one on the lido deck with live bands and times square countdown broadcast on the big screen if your ship has one. If not there will be a large lit up sign with the year that changes at midnight

Archived