Price Drop??

cruisingready

Has anyone heard of this?? Seen a price drop on the Princess Website so called the Travel agent in turn she called Princess and they told her if we took the Price Drop we would not get our Deposit back if we cancelled the cruise for any reason!!! Now we are always looking for Price drops and had never had a problem before getting them. Now it was only 100.00 dollars but you know it was a price drop!!! Thinking about jumping ship. Any one have any thoughts on this? We have never canceled a Cruise in all the years we have cruised!!!

There was a promotion recently that featured a non-refundable deposit, and was not new bookings only, so this would make perfect sense. If you get a price drop due to promotions, all terms of that promotion apply...

Has anyone heard of this?? Seen a price drop on the Princess Website so called the Travel agent in turn she called Princess and they told her if we took the Price Drop we would not get our Deposit back if we cancelled the cruise for any reason!!! Now we are always looking for Price drops and had never had a problem before getting them. Now it was only 100.00 dollars but you know it was a price drop!!! Thinking about jumping ship. Any one have any thoughts on this? We have never canceled a Cruise in all the years we have cruised!!!

The recent "3 day endless summer sale" which ran from Wednesday thru Friday last week did offer lower prices, but the deposit was/is non refundable. The actual deposit amount was lower than normal and I believe anyone already booked could get refared, but as stated above when booked under that promo, the terms and conditions of that promo applied.

We booked a cruise under the sale, but had to be willing to live with the non refundable deposit for a better price. Which we decided to live with.

A lot of these sales have special terms and conditions that apply, so its best to double check those either with your TA or Princess if you book direct before requesting a re fare. Now an advertised sale such as this is often different than just a straight price drop, so not sure what price drop the OP was referring to, but if it was the one last week, then it was probablly this particular sale.

Now it's making sense. I think I misunderstood in the beginning. If you take the price drop on the promo, your now refundable deposit will become non-refundable under the rules of this new promotion? Yes, I have seen this happen before. It doesn't mean that your original price may not drop later on and you can take advantage of it, just if you take advantage of this promo price drop. ;)

I found this thread very interesting because I just had a similar experience. I called Princess to change our cabin because a more desirable cabin for our sailing had just become available on the Princess website. I was very happy to see that the price shown for the desired cabin was even less money than the lower category I had already reserved. But.... I was told the recent offer did not apply to me since I already had a reservation in place. The sale was only for new bookings and also that the deposit is a non-refundable deposit for those new bookings. I was not given any choice of a non-refundable deposit for a lower price. So I ended up paying a little more for the cabin I wanted (which was my original intention anyway) rather than getting a small discount. I really do enjoy the Princess product but isn't it the Princess response that is causing customer confusion!!

Happy to see that you are getting answers to your question. Don't jump ship. Definitely not Princess' fault. They run all kinds of promotions. Sometimes they work to our benefit and fit our specific need and sometimes they don't and fit the needs of someone else. I receive promos from Princess all the time and read the fine print. I think they do a good job of explaining them but can understand where there could be some confusion.

Hopefully, they will have a great price drop that you can take advantage of without loosing your deposit.

Archived