Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Big surprise for me! I had my WI this noon and actually lost .3 pounds. Not a lot but it was in the right direction. Now to stay on track and increase my exercise for the next 3 weeks. I am determined to lose 5 pounds this month. It will happen if I pay close attention. Then it will be time to set a further goal.

Nikki

Way to go, Nikki! Any loss is better than a gain. I was down 3 lbs at my WI yesterday. I think most of that is water but as someone else said, "Better off than on!" I have not been interested in meat lately so I'm trying to get my protein from the right kind of beans. I don't know if that is helping with the weight loss or not. I guess I'll see at next week's WI. Hang in there, everybody.

Lynn

Been on here off/on. I did the old plan over 12 years ago and lost over 50 pounds. Have kept if off, except last winter a few pounds creeped in so decided to go back but to meetings. (Work at hospital who has a mtg. there for us!!) Went back April 1 and hit my goal at yesterdays weigh in.

I had a few weeks where the scale stood still and probably would have gotten very frustrated if not for an awesome leader!!

For those loving the "free" fruit. Remember if the scale won't budge or even gaining a tiny bit....look back at your tracking and check on the fruit. After so many a day....they are not free anymore!!

Someone stated on here about it being a lifestyle change and I think last winter I forgot that!!!:( I think this 9 pounds was harder to lose than when I lost 50!!!!:)

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Great news Nikki and Lynn. Welcome to sunlover, congrats on the 50 lbs. That's inspiring.

Someone posted this on facebook yesterday, and I love it.

Everytime you say 'To heck with it, I don't care' and eat that cookie, or bag of chips, or whatever, there's a 100% chance you'll care later.

So true! Using it to try to avoid the darned donuts that my boss brought in today. grrr:mad:

Been on here off/on. I did the old plan over 12 years ago and lost over 50 pounds. Have kept if off, except last winter a few pounds creeped in so decided to go back but to meetings. (Work at hospital who has a mtg. there for us!!) Went back April 1 and hit my goal at yesterdays weigh in.

I had a few weeks where the scale stood still and probably would have gotten very frustrated if not for an awesome leader!!

For those loving the "free" fruit. Remember if the scale won't budge or even gaining a tiny bit....look back at your tracking and check on the fruit. After so many a day....they are not free anymore!!

Someone stated on here about it being a lifestyle change and I think last winter I forgot that!!!:( I think this 9 pounds was harder to lose than when I lost 50!!!!:)

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Congratulations :)

!

Good for you! You have met your goal twice. I need to keep you in mind and try even harder to keep doing the correct things ( tracking and exercise are the first that come to mind.) I so want to achieve my goal weight. It is difficult when I do silly things and gain and then have to lose that before I am able to continue trying to lose what I began with.

I am happy to hear of this week's losses. Keep it up, all.

Nikki

Big surprise for me! I had my WI this noon and actually lost .3 pounds. Not a lot but it was in the right direction. Now to stay on track and increase my exercise for the next 3 weeks. I am determined to lose 5 pounds this month. It will happen if I pay close attention. Then it will be time to set a further goal.

Nikki

Good for you. I also need to increase my exercise and my water drinking has not been great this week.

I've started with a goal of where I got to in 2003 which is about 34 lbs. If/when I reach that then I'll drop it again.

So thrilled that I'm down 4.2 this morning! I knew this was a better week, I really upped my veggies and fruit, though made sure not to eat too much fruit. Got the slow down message when I entered my weight. But this big loss makes up for the tiny loss last week, so it balances out. I made it without eating any of the donuts, or the pizza they brought in for lunch. I stuck to my lean cuisine, veggies, and fruit that I had brought in. Then was able to treat myself to a couple cosmos out to dinner last night because I had the points. Yeah me!

Hi All....I have been faithfully tracking....but do need to up my exercise..It often makes me chuckle when they recommend you walk 30 minutes a day....I walk almost eight hours a day at work ( I have this theory if you get paid for it it doesn't count :D )

Do most of you weigh daily or do hold out until your weekly weigh in?

I am thinking I should refrain from weighing daily...sometimes the scale can sure make you go "Huh ??" when you know you have been so good.

I suppose the true picture is what the scale says on a weekly basis.

I was happy to find Crystal Light in liquid form ... a great help with my water consumption...large ,large glass, lots of ice...and strawberry lemonade flavor ...I do believe the water makes a difference to your skin.

Have a great day everyone.

Edited by COLLEYBERRY

Hi All....I have been faithfully tracking....but do need to up my exercise..It often makes me chuckle when they recommend you walk 30 minutes a day....I walk almost eight hours a day at work ( I have this theory if you get paid for it it doesn't count :D )

I am thinking I should refrain from weighing daily...sometimes the scale can sure make you go "Huh ??" when you know you have been so good.

I was happy to find Crystal Light in liquid form ... a great help with my water consumption...large ,large glass, lots of ice...and strawberry lemonade flavor ...I do believe the water makes a difference to your skin.

Have a great day everyone.

Do you have an ActiveLink? I love that I can know how many activity points I earn just living my life. I'm not a big exerciserer, but I walk and am on my feet all of the time and earn 2-4 APs a day.

Sometimes I weigh daily and sometimes not. All depends on how it is messing with my mind. If I am getting discouraged from weighing daily, I have to stop. You're right, what matters is your weight from week to week. Good "why the scales lie". It is such an interesting article.

Do you have an ActiveLink? I love that I can know how many activity points I earn just living my life. I'm not a big exerciserer, but I walk and am on my feet all of the time and earn 2-4 APs a day.

Sometimes I weigh daily and sometimes not. All depends on how it is messing with my mind. If I am getting discouraged from weighing daily, I have to stop. You're right, what matters is your weight from week to week. Good "why the scales lie". It is such an interesting article.

Thankyou Kleo 30 soooo much....I found this a very informative, insightful, and most importantly, helpful article.... good to remember each time I step on the scale ...again thankyou.

WI yesterday and stayed the same with a total of 16lbs. Leaving July 14th so decided to start getting clothes put together. Uh Oh....my pants fit loose and I fear they will stretch out as worn! I do not want to buy stuff!!!

I am glad I am shrinking but not too happy about purchasing other pants....so I washed them in hot water and put in dryer.

Would the Goodwill be a good option? Going to the British Isles and it is in the 60's in July.

Weight loss...good---$$$ for clothes...bad!:confused:

WI yesterday and stayed the same with a total of 16lbs. Leaving July 14th so decided to start getting clothes put together. Uh Oh....my pants fit loose and I fear they will stretch out as worn! I do not want to buy stuff!!!

I am glad I am shrinking but not too happy about purchasing other pants....so I washed them in hot water and put in dryer.

Would the Goodwill be a good option? Going to the British Isles and it is in the 60's in July.

I'd just buy some basic pieces to mix with clothes you have till you're at your goal weight. Can't hurt to try Goodwill. Sometimes I have better luck and find nicer pieces at consignment stores. I was looking on Old Navy's website for me and they have some pants on sale. Yoga pants with a drawstring waist are good for changing sizes and come in nicer fabrics now.

Edited by KandCsailing

I sometimes weigh myself a couple extra times during the week. Depends if I remember before getting dressed. If I'm down it's a little ego boost and if I'm up it reminds me to be good.

Buy smaller clothes...AND give the larger ones away to Goodwill or Salvation Army.

You'll never need them again if you stay focused and on program

Bravo

I started shopping at consignment stores and at Goodwill a couple of years ago. I have found some excellent clothing at bargain prices and I love being able to wear smaller sizes. My rule is to give away one article for each one I bring into the house. This shopping strategy allows me to be able to save more money for shore excursions and at the same time to have some new article to wear. It is amazing how many good deals are out there.

Nikki

Tuesday weigh in time....the scale fairy took back the pound she gave me last week....she is a testy little thing isn't she ?:p:D

Not to despair....keep on tracking, more water, more exercise...let's see what kind of a mood she is in next week.;)

WI yesterday and I was down .5. It is in the right direction, but what is going on? I was sure that I had lost close to 1 1/2 pounds. Oh well, my body does its thing and I will just continue to track and watch what goes in my mouth.

Nikki

WI this morning, down 1.7 lbs, so I'm happy.

I don't know Nikki, I feel your frustration. Did you have too much fruit? I think I've seen you posting about too much fruit before. It's so easy with all the great produce in season. I'm on a cherry kick right now, I forgot how much I loved them. Hang in there! You'll break through soon.

I try not to eat too much fruit and concentrate more on veggies. But at this time of year, I intend to eat the fresh berries. This is the only time that I find the taste is like the old days. I do not eat the regular fruits right now like apples, bananas, etc. so that I can eat many berries. I was doing a teeth whitening regimen last week so no berries allowed, so that can't be the problem. I will continue to track and count. Sooner or later the pounds will start coming off again.

Nikki

I had that happen too Nikki, not quite sure what it was....I really cut back on fruit but I had a stand still for about 3 weeks. Our leader said it is your body getting use to less food/calories so it doesn't want to "let go" of any extra!! Then it gets use to it and you start losing again. I hung in there and sure enough I started losing again. So HANG in there!! :)

I hit my goal last Wed. Now to maintain or lose a tad bit more!! Sometimes I think maintaining is harder!!;)