Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Thats a tough situation trying to behave on a cruise. I have never been successful at that. Well, I think the best I ever did was gain 4lbs on a cuise. Thats enough of a victory for me. Anyway, I don't think I have much in the way of suggestions other than to avoid bread and carbs if possible.

Today's my wifes birthday so we went out and kinda blew my diet for today. I'll get back on the horse tomorrow.

Thanks for the discussion on soda. I didn't mean to stir up any trouble. Just curious what people thought.

Suggestions

1) plan to stay the same or gain 3-4 pounds.

2) Add 7 points to your daily allowance

3) Eat regular meals in the MDR for the most part and avoid the godawful cafeteria if possible

4).Buy the 3 month tracker and track honestly even if it kills you to do it

5) Hit the fitness center, the promenade deck and the jogging track. I'd recommend Activelink

On my last cruise in October '12, I gained 2 1/2 pounds. This was a 16 day cruise so I was quite happy. What I did was use Simply Filling foods for the most part. I had a glass of wine every night ( it was really 2 glasses) which I mixed with sparkling water. I never ate bread which nearly killed me and my breakfast each morning consisted of oatmeal, fruit and coffee. As far as cruising goes, I did feel that I missed out on a lot, but the end result was worth it.

Nikki

On the cruise I took prior to having my son, I was at my goal weight. I didn't focus on eating well to be honest. Instead I focused on being active. We don't like just sitting on a beach or by the pool, so we are on the go non-stop when we are in port. We also pick port intensive cruises. I wound up maintaining despite eating way beyond what WW would ever allow in a week's worth of points.

This cruise I am also hoping to be a goal. I'll be cutting it close though. Once again, I am going to focus more on my activity level rather than my food. I've started running, and I plan on hitting the running track or treadmill at night when my son is asleep.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Happy with WI today, down 4 lbs. I lost the 3 I had gained last week, and 1 more for good measure. Such a great feeling when the scale gives good news. I'm at 41 lbs in 4 1/2 months, which I'm thrilled with. February cruise, here I come!

Way to go Tracey! You persevered and reaped the reward. My feeling is that I will also see a loss this week. Partly because all the heat and humidity makes me feel slightly ill so I don't really crave any food. I try to use my points but nothing tastes particularly good. Not a bad thing but sure plays havoc with trying to stay fit.

Nikki

Was down 3.8 at weigh in this week, lost the 1.8 i gained over the previous 2 weeks plus another 2. This week will be a little tough again though, going to NC for a few days to visit family and friends (which will also consist of going out to dinner and of course wine ;)).

I hear you 3D. Unfortunately life seems to get in the way doesn't it? All we can do is make good choices and try our best to lose when there is not much else going on. don't forget about your weekly allowance although if you are like me, that cannot really come into play.

Nikki

Thanks Nikki! I hear you about the heat & humidity. Thank goodness it finally broke yesterday. It's about 10 degrees cooler, much easier to tolerate.

Congrats to 3dbeach & ebradley! You're almost there ebradley, you can make it. 1.2 is a great loss for anyone.

I'm supposed to go to Atlantic City for Thursday & Friday, so am not sure if I'll weigh in a day early or a day late. Though unless the weather forecast gets better, we won't be going. We're going for the beach, not the gambling, so will cancel if the weather doesn't look good. So I may have 2 days of rough eating this week. I'm really hoping for good weather, as my trip to Ocean City 2 weeks ago was miserable weather. Maybe I'm not meant to go to the beach this summer! lol

Congrats to the losers! Even part of a pound gone is a loss and needs to be acknowledged. Hoping the weather co-operates for you Tracey. We live on a lake and are able to enjoy it all the time. Particularly since we retired. What we most enjoy is the peace and quiet as it is a motor free lake and there are no noisy sea doos around like many other lakes in our area.

I will be doing my WI tomorrow morning and hoping that it brings the desired results.

Nikki

Just had a shower and my WI. Down .7. that is not a lot, but it IS in the right direction. And since I have been on my own for over 2 weeks, I am not too disappointed. I think that it will be hard slogging from now on because I am less than 8 pounds from goal.

Nikki

I was up 1.5 lbs this morning and used that as my weight in, instead of yesterday when I was up 4!

The 1.5 was acceptable since I had a fun two days in Michigan on holiday and then two days of wedding food and at relatives. Had my first alcohol in 12 weeks. A Woodchuck Cider at a bar and a small Champagne at the wedding.

The Monday weight was because I arrived home Sunday night with a swollen ankle for some reason (no pain) and it has finally gone down this morning.

Our cruise is getting closer and I wish I had the internet to track with, but I'll just have to try my best, walk a lot and remember to drink tons of water.

A loss is a loss Nikki, way to go. That's great for on your own. Keep it up.

Kand C, sounds like you had a great time, we need to let loose once and awhile. I'm sure it will even out next week. Glad you had fun.

Good loss over a great weekend Kerri! I sometimes find my ankle swells as well when it is extremely humid. It seem that even a little extra salt will cause some edema but it thankfully leaves almost as quickly as it appeared. This is one advantage of not going to a weekly meeting- they would have counted the Monday weight if your WI was then. This way we get to choose and if it is something like water weight, no harm done because it is gone the next day anyway.

Nikki

Good loss over a great weekend Kerri! I sometimes find my ankle swells as well when it is extremely humid. It seem that even a little extra salt will cause some edema but it thankfully leaves almost as quickly as it appeared. This is one advantage of not going to a weekly meeting- they would have counted the Monday weight if your WI was then. This way we get to choose and if it is something like water weight, no harm done because it is gone the next day anyway.

Nikki

I thought about counting yesterday's just so they could tell me I was losing too fast next week!

I'm wondering if the reception hall had extra sodium or msg or something in the food. I've never had my feet swell on cruises like some people complain of.

I often have swollen ankles when I cruise or fly. Sometimes they stay swollen for a few days. I am convinced that there is tons of salt in the food or maybe it is the treated water. This next cruise I am going to drink only bottled water and see if that helps. We will be on ships for 36 days.

Nikki

I used to travel regularly for work. I wasn't eating extremely salty food, but my hands always would swell. I just think it goes with travel. The same thing happens with ling car trips too. Typically, I don't drink enough water to flush my system when I'm traveling. I find I either get too busy, or I do it on purpose to avoid having to use an airplane restroom. I have to take a water pill to help.

I hate plain water unless I'm running. Even then, I have to fill my water bottle with ice. I can drink it any other way. I have become a huge fan of those crystal light squeeze things. I plan on bringing a couple on my next cruise. Not only will it help me stay hydrated, but I'll also save some money. No soda package for me this year!

I opened a bottle of diet cranberry drink yesterday. When I poured it into my glass I added lots of ice and cut the drink with half water. This way it had some flavour, but cut the calories even further. Not bad tasting water. If I do this, I can envision drinking closer to the amount I should.

Nikki

Hi everyone. Very good weigh in today. Actually down 6 since I started, which has been a couple of weeks ago. I'm not doing WW at this time. I went to a nutritionist a couple years back and still have all the menus she gave me. So I've been trying that. Its a good plan if I can just stick with it.

As far as losing weight goes, whatever works for you is good. A six pound loss in a couple of weeks is a good loss. Keep it up. We are all working hard at being losers here and you are more than welcome to join the club.

Nikki

I had an unexpected great WI - down 2.6 lbs! I'm so close to goal. The regional person was at my meeting today. She pulled me aside to ask if I had ever considered working pt for WW. I don't think I have the time to commit to it, but I was very flattered.

I also participated in my first running event yesterday. It was a color vibe 5k. Another WW friend and I did it together, and we had a blast. I started a couch to 5k program in April which was a big step for me. I'm moving forward to the 10k now.