port Canaveral Excursion

lovermonkey

Can someone help with our port Canaveral excursion. We just can’t decide it has become a fight. There will be two adults and two kids. One is 16 the other is 9. We have talked about Walt Disney to the alligator tour. Can someone give us some suggestions and tells us what you think? We are coming from a cruise of course and we get 10hrs but not sure that is enough for Disney or what not. What did you do that you really liked? Thanks in advance.

Can someone help with our port Canaveral excursion. We just can’t decide it has become a fight. There will be two adults and two kids. One is 16 the other is 9. We have talked about Walt Disney to the alligator tour. Can someone give us some suggestions and tells us what you think? We are coming from a cruise of course and we get 10hrs but not sure that is enough for Disney or what not. What did you do that you really liked? Thanks in advance.

forget disney. its about an hours drive, so you wont have much time there. go to the kennedy space center. its about a 20 min drive from the port. kids will love it.

forget disney. its about an hours drive, so you wont have much time there. go to the kennedy space center. its about a 20 min drive from the port. kids will love it.

Thank you. That is what my girlfriend wants to do, but not sure about the kids. What exactly do they do there, beside the

Obvious? She also suggested the gator tour.

We did the Port Everglades air boat excursion. I thought it was a blast! Younger kids might get bored though.

I loved holding and sitting on the alligators, and the fact they were all rescued gators :D

Thank you. Holly Cow, that looks like fun.

I think I read that the time to Orlando was closer to 30 minutes. If you're going during the summer months or during a school vacation or a holiday week, then yes, SKIP IT. You'll end up getting on like 4 rides. We LOVE Disney, but have been there several times (and have plans to go again in 2 years) so we're doing something different.

What's wrong with splitting up and doing your own thing? One adult and kid go one place, the other go somewhere else. It would be great for everyone to do what they really wanted to, wouldn't it?

My husband and I are going with family (daughter, aunt, cousin, his brother, sister and their spouses) and we agreed that, while a family vacation, we're paying a lot of money to enjoy ourselves and agreed that we would all do what we wanted with no hard feelings. Even my husband and I are splitting up here and there (he wants to jetski, our daughter and I want to parasail, etc) We don't want any resentment ("You got to do this, I didn't get to do this", etc.) so this is a way everyone gets what they want.

Is that an option for you guys?

I think I read that the time to Orlando was closer to 30 minutes.

I would say WDW is more like 1¼ hours minimum and maybe closer to 1½ hours by the time you park and walk to the front gate, assuming you make no mistakes finding your way. I wouldn't even attempt it.

KSC is a more realistic option. You could also get a rental car an go on an airboat ride at Lone cabbage Fish Camp. Please note that nobody can guarantee that you will see gators, particularly in the middle of the day as opposed to dusk.

I would say WDW is more like 1¼ hours minimum and maybe closer to 1½ hours by the time you park and walk to the front gate, assuming you make no mistakes finding your way. I wouldn't even attempt it.

I've personally never had to drive it (never been to PC!) but somewhere on here it said 30 minutes. My mistake! :)

If you DID want to chance it and go, I'd go through the cruiseline .. that way if anything happens and you hit traffic or something, the cruise will wait if you're with a cruise-related excursion, or so I've read? If you venture out on your own and are late, I hear they don't wait. Again, though, that's something I read here, so don't quote me on it!

I've personally never had to drive it (never been to PC!) but somewhere on here it said 30 minutes. My mistake! :)

If you DID want to chance it and go, I'd go through the cruiseline .. that way if anything happens and you hit traffic or something, the cruise will wait if you're with a cruise-related excursion, or so I've read? If you venture out on your own and are late, I hear they don't wait. Again, though, that's something I read here, so don't quote me on it!

One place for certain that mentions the amount of time each way to WDW is the actual ship excursion descriptions. Also, some of the reviews (accessed from CC homepage) talk about the travel time from the ship to the parks. I've always read that it takes 1 - 1 1/4 hour each way. Some of the Disney parks may be a bit closer, but if you're going to any of the parks in the vicinity of WDW, then most likely 1 - 1 1/4 hours each way.

One thing you might consider is writing your congressman for complimentary tickets to KSC..we did this and received 4 tickets for our cruise next week..the only thing is you must do this NOW as they have a 6 month prior to visit cutoff...we got in just under the wire requesting on April 8th for our Oct 12th visit...the ticket are about $43 each and they are an "all access pass" so a nice savings for a family of 4..the ship wants $99pp for the KSC excursion and you can rent a car for about $48 from any of the car companies and they will pick you up at the dock and take you back...good luck and if you have any questions, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived