Group Incentives

Hello everyone. Just started booking a group cruise and have about 40 people that plan on going. I have a question about RC incentives for booking a group. The last time I did this (about 10 years ago) I was given a free cabin for every 9 cabins I booked. My travel agent says that RC doesn't offer such a deal. Does anyone know if that is true? Has anyone recent received a deal like this? Find it hard to believe that they wouldn't offer some sort of incentive for booking a group anymore.

I did a group this year and received a free berth for every eight rooms. The free berth is based on the cost for the largest number of rooms for a given category.

For example:

4 D1's

3 E1's

6 H's

your free berth would be a category H.

Any other perks will depend on the sailing you are on. It is best to contact the groups department and discuss it with them.

you get the TC credit for every 8 cabins(double) booked,not on 9.......

from cruisingpower:

Tour Conductor Credits

• Cruise-only tour conductor credits are earned on the following criteria and must be applied to a single berth or issued to the Travel Partner in the form of marketing funds:
    o For all itineraries, one cruise-only tour conductor credit is earned for every
    sixteen (16) full-tariff guests, based on double occupancy.
    o The value of the cruise-only tour conductor credit is determined by the category
    most sold within the Group. If the same number of staterooms has been sold in
    two or more categories, the value is based on the lowest of those categories. If
    multiple pricepoints exist for the category in which the tour conductor credit is
    earned, the lowest pricepoint will be used for payment purposes.
    o Singles paying 200% of the full fare count as two (2) guests for tour conductor
    purposes.

So i called RCI and they asked me if I was working with a TA and I answered yes. Then they proceded to tell me that they dont compete with the TA and offer the same prices. I said that I am not looking for a better price that I just wanted to know what was the deal if you book a group. They said there is no deal but you could work with your TA and they may offer you a deal. They completely denied that there was an offer if you booked a number of cabins.

from rccl.com

Call the group dept!(then again,if you are suing a TA,she/he should be doing all this)

Group Reservations

s.gif

s.gif

Q: Can I make my reservations for my group on your website? s.gif A: Reservations for groups can be made by calling 1-800-465-3595, as this feature is not supported by our website at this time. We are here to assist you 9 am to 8 pm EST Monday thru Friday.

I would call again during normal daytime hours and ask for the groups department. Just let them know you are thinking of booking a group and want to know what are the benefits of doing so.

Once you know what they have to offer directly you can get back with you TA and see what they say. If you don't like the answers they give you it may be time (if its not too late) to switch TA's or book directly yourself with RCI.

Although with 40 people that would be alot of work..

I did a group this year and received a free berth for every eight rooms. The free berth is based on the cost for the largest number of rooms for a given category.

For example:

4 D1's

3 E1's

6 H's

your free berth would be a category H.

Any other perks will depend on the sailing you are on. It is best to contact the groups department and discuss it with them.

Correct.

Your TA may be saying that because they probably take the Tour Conductor Credit (that's what the complimentary cabin is called) as additional commission.

Hmmm? :confused:

So i called RCI and they asked me if I was working with a TA and I answered yes. Then they proceded to tell me that they dont compete with the TA and offer the same prices. I said that I am not looking for a better price that I just wanted to know what was the deal if you book a group. They said there is no deal but you could work with your TA and they may offer you a deal. They completely denied that there was an offer if you booked a number of cabins.

Probably because you told them you were working with a TA - they normally won't discuss with you and will refer you back to the TA.

Archived