Suite Concierge Service

Solo Cruiser

Why to 10PM?

We have gone by there at 7:30 many times -- no one there.

What would you do till 10 PM in there?

I would love to be able to walk down the hall and get a cup of tea from the Neptune Lounge just before bed time without having to call Room Service and then wait 20 to 30 minutes for said tea. We usually like to go back to our room after dinner. Not much on the bar or show scene after dinner.

Too bad the little coffee machine area can't be available after hours.

We are part of the group that tips the concierge based on if she does special things for us, like arrange for a party, things that are over and above her job description of helping with reservations, printing out daily charges, etc. We simply give a lump sum amount at the end if we have asked for special services during the cruise, which we do on some cruises.

We enjoy the NL mainly for the nice snacks, light breakfast and the coffee machine just down from the cabin.

Cabin 5190 is a Category VA, is it not? That is not in the Deluxe Veranda Suite Category and does not have Neptune Lounge and related amenities.

You need to verify with your TA if they are telling you to expect Deluxe Veranda Suite Amenities.

You do not have Neptune Lounge access (which would be a nuisance anyway as it is up two decks and mid ship from your aft cabin) nor is VA invited to breakfast in Pinnacle etc. Those cabins are categories "SA, SB, SC, S, and PS".

However, you have a great wake view.

I looked at deck plan for Nieuw Amsterdam. Beats me why except I suppose I thought the numbering for Veranda Deck would be the same.

Sorry.

Answer to the poster...... No, your cabin steward will not have all Suite cabins but that really makes no difference. The stewards do the cabins in a certain area and your area does not have a group of Suites.

You are entitled to all Deluxe Veranda Amenities but Neptune will not be conveniently located for you. You can call for questions if you wish rather than walk up there.

Archived