Smugglers Cove or Brewers Bay ?

2boyzmom

• 1 month later...

I would love to know the answer to this one as well.. hope bumping this up gets some attention.

By the map it looks like Smugglers Cove is all the way on the other end of the island so I am leary of how long that will take by taxi... I have heard that Smuggler's is the best for snorkeling though so that is a big draw for me.

Thanks for any info!

Denyce

The snorkeling is much better at Brewers Bay. Snorkel on the left side along the rocky coast. The reef at Smugglers Cove is pretty much destroyed; it is at the far west end of the island and the road to get there is unpaved.

...take a snorkeling/catamaran sailing excursion with Patouche out of Road Town (http://www.patouche.com). It was $90 per person, including a great lunch, snacks, drinks and equipment if you don't have your own, for 6 hours. We went a month ago off the Star Princess (we booked it ourselves, not through the cruise line) - absolutely FANTASTIC snorkeling at a couple of islands (NOT at the Baths, which can get crowded) - the best we've ever experienced. If you're into snorkeling and want to go on a reasonably priced trip with a friendly, professional crew, check them out. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! You'll love it!

If you go, tell Julie that Gene and Kathy from Massachusetts say "hi"!!

Brewers Bay is a large beautiful beach and the snorkeling is the best you will find on a Tortola beach. As far as the 'clear' water goes, that must be White Bay on Jost Van Dyke but the snorkeling isn't anything like the western side of Brewers.

photo-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

it cost us $6 per person each way to Brewer's Bay - takes about 15 -20 mins - depending on the strength of the taxi engine and how many people the taxi is hauling around the hilly bends!! Lots of trees for shade, small restaurant for washrooms and renting chairs(if needed - we just used our towels). A little piece of paradise on Tortola. Enjoy!:)

• 1 month later...

Archived