A little cramped?

lcyccruiser

I was absolutely joking and certainly didnt mean to infer anything about her passing away...I simply meant the ship might be full if you waited longer. For the record, I am the caretaker for my 83 year old mother.

I wish I could get her on a cruiseship but she wouldnt even consider it.

That's too bad that she wouldn't consider it. It's such a wonderful opportunity to meet people. My grandfather was the same way though. We ended up telling him that we were taking him someplace instead of asking him and he went along with it, and 90% of the time he really enjoyed himself too.

My wife uses a wheelchair but can walk for short distances (multiple sclerosis). She also takes a walker with her, and this helps when she is walking, especially on a moving ship. So, you might take a folding walker too. And, be sure to take the wheelchair and walker with your name and cabin number, just in case (and to make sure some other passenger does not think this is a ship's wheelchair for use by anyone -- yes, it has happened to us at an airport). Also, with 3 in the cabin, there probably won't be any room to store the wheelchair in the cabin. If it folds, you should be able to keep it out in the hallway. If it does not fold (like a motorized chair) you might have problems storing it, so I suggest a manual wheelchair that folds in the middle.

Is this ever an issue for a November cruise? I thought this is only a problem when there are a ton of kids on the ship

and many cabins ave 3 or 4 in them. I always thought this was a summer or holiday time issue.

It depends on how sold out the shop is. If they have reached capacity with multiple berth cabins, they will not allow adding additional pax. They may still have capacity for double occupancy cabins. If you want to add a 3/4 pax to your cabin, do it ahead of time and cancel later, instead of crossing your fingers only to possibly be disappointed at the end.

We've often taken mom along on cruises (she's 93). We joke that she likes my DH better than me (& he adores her). She absolutely LOVES sitting on the balcony (she calls it the 'porch'). We've even caught her napping out there. My recommendation would be to get a D1 cabin for 3. We've done it many times and if you can keep it picked up it works out well. Of course it also worked out because she like to get ready for dinner before us and sit on the 'porch' while we got ready.

Archived