A little cramped?

lcyccruiser

Let her ante up and switch you all to Category D1 , either cabin #1404 or #1704.

The D1 cabin will be larger then your E1 and really you are still getting a very nice balcony with even a better view of the wake then what you would be getting from deck 7.

D1 cabins are larger then the E1's also.

Current price difference between the 2 cabins is only a $100 bucks I think. I would go for it.

Jimbo:)

Problem is, we reserved this cabin way back in Jan. and paid $499.00 p/p. So any upgrade is going to be a bit costly. We have until the week of the cruise to add her. I am hoping that the prices of the D1's will come down a bit. Thanks for your input.... another note, she is 93.

You better call and add her now....as long as the cabin will sleep 3, and they haven't reached max. passengers, then now is the time. Just because a cabin has enough beds to add another, doesn't mean they'll allow it....has to do with lifeboat capacity. It would be easier to add now and cancel her later, than not to be able to add her at all!

You better call and add her now....as long as the cabin will sleep 3, and they haven't reached max. passengers, then now is the time. Just because a cabin has enough beds to add another, doesn't mean they'll allow it....has to do with lifeboat capacity. It would be easier to add now and cancel her later, than not to be able to add her at all!

Or you could wait and keep your fingers crossed that you couldnt add her later. ( :

Good point. I never thought of that.

Tough call. I have had 7708(other side) 0n liberty and the balcony almost doubles your sq footage(including cabin), I would say the balcony is around 120 to 130 sq ft. The cabin is perfect for 2. Depending on your needs, it could be cramped for 3, but if "mother" likes to cruise, I can just see her in the wheelchair parked in front of the 6' porthole with a big smile on her face.:)

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Best post I've read all day!!!! :D:D:D

Thanks for the laugh - you have no idea how badly I needed it!

For those of us with really elderly parents (my Dad is 92), it's not very funny. I do understand different strokes......not everyone's funny joke. Just saying.

Tough call. I have had 7708(other side) 0n liberty and the balcony almost doubles your sq footage(including cabin). The cabin is perfect for 2. Depending on your needs, it could be cramped for 3, but if "mother" likes to cruise, I can just see her in the wheelchair parked in front of the 6' porthole with a big smile on her face.:)

Truth be told, she has never cruised and at this point in time, doesn't know we intend to take her. She's a good sport though, and is usually up for anything. I would love to see her sit by that big round porthole as well. I think she will enjoy this.

For those of us with really elderly parents (my Dad is 92), it's not very funny. I do understand different strokes......not everyone's funny joke. Just saying.

Really? Most people have someone elderly in their life, you can't appreciate a joke b/c of that? It was an in-law joke anyway... :eek: :)

We have a wheelchair available. She's in pretty good health for her age, but walking distances is a problem. So with the wheelchair, we can take her anywhere.

As long as wheelchair folds, you'll have room. How much time is spent in your room, anyway?

I took the joke as they wouldn't be able to add her to the cruise due to capacity, not that she'd passed! :eek:

OK, that makes me feel better. I read that several times, and the elderly bit was all I could think of. Guess I'm just sensitive to it. And, yes, I don't have much of a sense of humor about it. I tried to post as benignly as possible, because I really wasn't all that upset about it..............just didn't find it funny.

'Nuff said. Thanks for the nice clarification.

We have a wheelchair available.

From personal experience with my wife's wheelchair it wil be a hassle in a regular (non-handicap) cabin. If you can switch to one of those, even an inside (if it will accomodate 3), it would be much better. The doors of regular cabins are too narrow for wheelchairs except when folded and there is typcially only about a folder wheelchair's width between the end of the bed and the wall. While in cabin you end up parking the chair in front of the door so if someone wants in or out it is in the way.

check with the special needs department and see what might be available. Sometimes if they have book AB people in an HC cabin that is needed they can move them.

Also, don't the E1s only have the pullman bed? Most of them don't have sleeper sofas do they? If this is true, you really should consider a D1 to get the sleeper sofa so you and DH don't have to split up in beds (not thinking a mobility impared elder could get up into that pullman:eek:).

If it were me, I'd pay for her to have her own inside cabin. With 3 people it will be cramped, no matter the size. A D 1 cabin is just a couple feet longer than an E 1. I cannot imagine sharing a cabin with an older relative, 2 people is enough to try sharing not just the cabin but especially the bathroom. If you insist on her going in your cabin, the larger balcony would be worth the loss of interior space.

I read all the time where people state "you're not in your cabin long enough to make a difference", but to me, you are. Getting ready for the day or for dinner, or sleeping overnight with others habits (moaning, farting, getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom etc..).

That is exactly how I took the joke and it cracked me the heck up. For the record, my Dad is 83 years old.

Me too, Oh well :rolleyes:

Just took my 86 year old MIL last year on a 7 day out of San Juan last year. She shared an inside with my 2 daughters arcoss the hall. We had a great time. She liked to stay back while we went on the islands. All the crew called her Ma Ma and ran around getting her whatever she wanted.

I think the second cabin really helped me out though. :)

Me too, didn't even think the other way! wow.

Exactly - it was clearly an in-law joke.

I have probably the best in-laws in the world (especially to my friend, who has what I call "outlaws" instead of in-laws) and even I have my limit of together time with them.

Can't we all just lighten up?

I was absolutely joking and certainly didnt mean to infer anything about her passing away...I simply meant the ship might be full if you waited longer. For the record, I am the caretaker for my 83 year old mother.

I wish I could get her on a cruiseship but she wouldnt even consider it.

Is this ever an issue for a November cruise? I thought this is only a problem when there are a ton of kids on the ship

and many cabins ave 3 or 4 in them. I always thought this was a summer or holiday time issue.

Archived