Supermarkets?

bmdlover

Not only do we love to get a feel for the local culture by visiting local supermarkets, but ArubaLisa advised that there are several on the way to Eagle Beach so we can pick up some beer. Is it possible to walk there from the dock? Or can we take the bus there, get off and buy beer and sundries, then get back on the bus? Same ticket or newer? If we can walk, can we catch the bus in that area? Just getting psyched for the trip, tho it is a bit less than 3 months off.

thanks!

Marianne

I am not sure how much "local culture" you will get visiting the supermarket, but there are several. The major ones are Kong Hing, Ling & Sons, Superfoods and Certified. They are all outside of the downtown area, and it would be quite a walk. You can take a cab there or the bus.

OOOOhhh I love Stroopwaffles! Do they have many flavors?

Can we get off the bus then get back on to continue to eagle beach on the same ticket? Or do we need an additional ticket (not being cheap, just want to avoid awkward situation)

thanks!

Marianne

Thanks ArubaLisa. When my sister lived in Germany, she would often travel through Holland and send me stroopwafels. They had flavoring in the filling, things like hazelnut or almond, if I recall right.

We'll wing it on the groceries. We appreciate your help!

Marianne

Archived