Rolling cooler question

Rockportgirl

Where have ya'll found a 12x12x12 rolling cooler? I've Googled, E-Bayed and Amazoned and the only ones I can find are quite a bit bigger than that.

We really want to take on some V-8 this cruise to mix with our BV vodka for Bloody Mary mornings. :D

Any suggestions?

Never could find a 12x12x12 rolling cooler.

Here is what we did....

I took a rolling small carry on piece of luggage and filled it with our 2 bottles of wine, mixers for our bottle of vodka bought through Bon Voyage and a collapsible cooler made by igloo that does not leak. It worked GREAT!

Ask your steward for ice and give him/her a little tip and the cooler will never be low on ice. If you do not see the steward leave a note.

We also threw in a 12 pack of water in the suitcase. Never had a issue going through security, in fact they never asked us to open it.

My local Wal-Mart had them this summer, but they were soft-sided.

I'll look into that. Probably all we'll be bringing on is 12 V-8s, so if I could find a rolling cooler the right size, it would free up another bag for the stuff I'm sure I'll pack and not need. :D

Walmart dot com has a ton of coolers. Look at http://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-9-Can-Soft-Cooler-with-Liner/16539561

It isn't on rollers, but if you put it in your carry-on, that shouldn't be a problem. It holds 9 cans, has a liner (I guess to prevent leakage), is rated 5 stars, and is less than $10. I'm thinking of ordering it.

I had a brand new rolling cooler that was the perfect size but I didn't think I'd ever use it...sold it a yard sale last year. *sigh*

I had a brand new rolling cooler that was the perfect size but I didn't think I'd ever use it...sold it a yard sale last year. *sigh*

Aw, man. Isn't that the way it goes?

Thanks for the link. If you can't find one you like there, they probably don't make it... :)

Where have ya'll found a 12x12x12 rolling cooler? I've Googled, E-Bayed and Amazoned and the only ones I can find are quite a bit bigger than that.

We really want to take on some V-8 this cruise to mix with our BV vodka for Bloody Mary mornings. :D

Any suggestions?

A 12x12x12 cooler is just larger than a six pack. They will not have wheels.

I wonder what the thinking is behind being able to take on a piece of luggage, any size, and putting your drinks in there, but having a size limit for a cooler that you would be putting the same drinks in?

Obviously, you couldn't take on the gigantic marine coolers, but at least something you could fit a 12-pack in...

We have a rolling cooler that looks like a piece of carry luggage.

(easily fit 8 or 9 - 20 0z. sodas at a time.)

Just pack the cooler with clothes and check it like luggage.

Then I have a $20 collapsable cart that I carry my sodas onboard with.

When your luggage arrives, unpack and call your room steward to fill it for you.

Then when going home, you have an extra piece of luggage to pack any extras you pick up along the way.

Bill

We have a rolling cooler that looks like a piece of carry luggage.

(easily fit 8 or 9 - 20 0z. sodas at a time.)

Just pack the cooler with clothes and check it like luggage.

Then I have a $20 collapsable cart that I carry my sodas onboard with.

When your luggage arrives, unpack and call your room steward to fill it for you.

Then when going home, you have an extra piece of luggage to pack any extras you pick up along the way.

Bill

This is definitely the way to do it! Last spring, we attempted to bring on a rolling cooler that was about 12x8x17 (on the Pride) filled with drinks and some clothing as a carry on and had to empty it and return it to our car in the parking lot.

They really don't make any coolers on wheels which are 12x12x12 so follow Bill's advice and you will be good to go!

Archived