I-phone verizon question

hockeygal54

Leaving for Boston in 2 wks and doing East Coast/Canada cruise. I understand the airplane mode/turn roaming off feature but what about when we are on Canadian soil? Can EM's/texts be reviewed without charges? What about sending a text or making a call from Canada?

Our last time ended up with a $1,000 phone bill. Charged international rates. After a lot of fighting, I got a one time adjustment with a stern warning to not let it happen again. My bad!!! It can be a problem just driving near either the Canadian or Mexican border. Sometimes your phone will latch on to one of their towers, then you have problems. If your ever near either border, watch your phone.

This is with Verizon.

Keep the phone off in Canada. There have been horror stories of people traveling or cruising in Canada and coming home to phone bills as high as $2000. It has something to do with signals bouncing off different cell towers and causing huge bills.

Leaving for Boston in 2 wks and doing East Coast/Canada cruise. I understand the airplane mode/turn roaming off feature but what about when we are on Canadian soil? Can EM's/texts be reviewed without charges? What about sending a text or making a call from Canada?

I would check with your carrier to verify, but be careful in canada, I live in Maine and when I go up north ( jackman Rockwood area of Maine) to visit my sister my phone went to a roaming carrier in canada without me knowing and the phone bill was crazy expensive. SO I now turn my phone off when I visit her.

Archived