Update on padded sunbeds on QV

Lynnewob

Hi

I have received a letter from Cunard in response to several queries and thought it might be a good idea to share these with you.

Following on from a previous thread relating to the padded loungers on the grills deck as follows:

"There are 124 Grills Chairs arriving on 3 Oct which will resolve the issue. They have had to be obtained from the USA, which does take time".

Regarding the grills deck attendants checking room keys:

"We agree that this is a valid point and will be raised with senior management both ship and shoreside".

On the additional parasols on the grills dining terrace:

"This is difficult when the ship is under way because of wind. Parasols can be quite dangerous if one takes off"

I'm not sure this is correct as the grills dining terrace is well protected on all sides and it appears from photographs from other cruisers on the QE that they have parasols for each table.

Finally, on the free anniversary package that was stopped in April this year:

"Regrettably we no longer offer complimentary benefits. There are however a wide range of gifts available for guests to purchase from the gift collecition to make your anniversary more special".

That's about all I can report for now with the exception that they did refund 75% of a cruise tour that went wrong by way of OBC which they will give us on our next trip.

I do hope this helps.

Archived