First GRR with booking. Ugh.

ohitssunshine

We have been looking at some different options for our February cruise. I have call Carnival twice and talked with two different people who were really helpful in getting pricing and availability together for me. I did not call my PVP because, well he stinks. He is never available, isn't pleasant, etc.

So I get everything together, I know what pricing I am looking at and an estimate of the final #.

I call both of the first two people who helped me and neither was available. I need connecting cabins and in a matter of a day more sold. So I decide to just try the main #.

The woman I got was annoying. The second I said what I was interested in, she said ok and what credit card will you be using? I said hold on, I want to see what rooms you have, the prices, and then yes I am ready to book.

She seemed like I was putting HER out. I should have asked for someone else, but I had a lack of common sense for the moment.

We finally get the rooms chosen even after telling her I wanted connecting if they were available, she still tried to get me to buy an interior and ocean view, a balcony and interior, one ocean view here and one 10 doors down. :rolleyes:

She now tells me a resident rate is cheaper than early saver and I ask are you sure? I was just online today and that was not the case. She checks the numbers again and says yes, because I called they are able to do that. Fine. Book resident rate for $10pp cheaper than early saver. I tell her no vacation protection. She asks for the credit card number. Of course I am doing two rooms so this means another round of all of the same questions, and finally 45 minutes later I am booked, paid in full.

I ask her to please email a confirmation to my address so I can see final billing.

I get off the phone and I get one confirmation. And of course, she charged me the vacation insurance. Awesome.

I call Carnival back. I tell them what happened, and they look and see yes she charged the insurance to both bookings. They submit a refund request. I ask for two new confirmations to be emailed to me and they go to do so and stop. They said I have something on my account that says I asked to NOT be sent ANY email EVER. What?? Of course I want emails. I am a confirmation queen. I also like to know everything all of the time. I want more emails from Carnival!!

So they need to submit a request to have my account accept email again and that can take 72 hours. Fine.

The following day I miss 2 calls from Carnival while working. Of course they do not leave a message so I call back. Of course no one is sure what anyone called for. So I have them check the refund and email issues. He says he did not see anything in my account for that so he submits them. Now I am a little more irritated but I will patiently wait my 72 hours. I can log onto the site and access my bookings and see the insurance is no longer being charged, so that is a plus. Now I just need to make sure they refund my card!

So another day passes. Last night on my way to get chinese, I get another call from Carnival. Hi this is....I am going to be your new PVP. I see you have been checking out the site lately, anything I can help you with? I tell him I booked, my stupid situation I am in because of that first lady. Ugh. I am ticked. He turns out to be amazing, he fixes my email right then, he links my bookings (I know I already asked her to do that) and he links my sister in laws also. He is the greatest person I have ever talked to and I already booked. My sister booked earlier in the morning, and my sister in law the day before. I really wish I had gotten his call before all of this happened!

So that is it. The first time I have had an issue, maybe not an end of the world situation but damn that irritated me. I wish I remembered the person I booked with, because I would file a complaint!

We have had some good and bad pvp's.I had almost the same experience as you describe but for a different issue.I had a super pvp for years along time ago and I called up for another cruise booking and he no longer worked there.After many so so pvp's we now have another excellent one.The key now for you is you now have another cruise booked and all is right with the world.Happy cruising

Yep, I am glad I got the call from this new PVP. I just wish I had something to give him now! With our February cruise already booked it will be quite some time before booking the next! I told him how jealous I am of all of these people online who rave about their PVP and I have never been able to! He laughed like he completely understood :D

We absolutely love our PVP. She is the greatest! She knows our needs and takes very good care of us. When I booked our latest cruise last week I just called her cell number because she was out of the office for the weekend. We love, love, love her! We have had her for the last 6 years!

Since you said you did your research online was there a reason didn't just go ahead and do your own booking rather than having to call and talk to somebody at all? Really I'm bein serious, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or rude.

My thoughts exactly!!

Since you said you did your research online was there a reason didn't just go ahead and do your own booking rather than having to call and talk to somebody at all? Really I'm bein serious, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ or rude.

Trust me I always opt for online! But since I really wanted connecting cabins and you can only book one at a time, I thought I would be better off calling!

Does anyone know the answer to this - If you book online and have a particular room in mind and it doesn't come up for that category how do you find out if it's available? Thank you!

I think on the reservation screen you can type the specific number - instead of choosing what is listed - and it will then tell you if its available for that sailing.

I think on the reservation screen you can type the specific number - instead of choosing what is listed - and it will then tell you if its available for that sailing.

That used to be the case in years past but I don't think it's there anymore.

If you want a cabin that's not available I think you have to call.

Bill

Trust me I always opt for online! But since I really wanted connecting cabins and you can only book one at a time, I thought I would be better off calling!

Thanks, yeah you're right that makes perfect sense. I was just curious, not that you need to justify your actions to anybody.

Thanks, yeah you're right that makes perfect sense. I was just curious, not that you need to justify your actions to anybody.

It's so funny how some people really take things way too seriously and when I read your comment back it just made me laugh! Thank you :p

Sounds like it eventually worked out. You will have a great cruise! I have a great PVP that we have used for years. She knows my likes and dislikes. We had one small issue with miscommunication on her part, but I have used her to book 2 cruises since and she has been a dream to work with.

Archived