3 More weeks to Take Advantage of Bermuda: MY REVIEW

yoyocruiser

SO excited!!

I have to wait an entire year (sailing next Sept) but that just means I have an entire year of reviews like yours to read to make me excited!!!

My Bermuda cruise next year will be awesome on so many levels....First and foremost, it will be our first suite :D (deck 10 aft!!)

2) are sailing with awesome friends :D

3) we can drive to port (YAY!!!!!!!) :D

4) we booked at a great time and got all total, $700 in OBC.:D

Number one and number four may never happen again, :eek: and number three occurs very rarely....so you can see why I am so thrilled :D

Halos, You are sooo lucky to get a Deck 10 Aft Suite! I had always wanted an aft suite--and finally got one--but then found out that Spinnaker's was below and real noise issues. That's why we ended up changing to the new Deck 12 suites--at the very last minute--like 48 hours before deaprture--LOL. Which--as it goes--worked out great. But those Deck 10 aft suites are supposed to be the best--biggest decks!! Also, like I said in my review I think September is just perfect--as long as you don't get caught up in a storm--and then you just have to hang flexible (frankly I jsut want to relax and don't even care that much where I end up--although this was our third year to Bermuda in late September and beautiful weather each and every time. And you will love, love, love the suite!! :)

Halos, You are sooo lucky to get a Deck 10 Aft Suite! I had always wanted an aft suite--and finally got one--but then found out that Spinnaker's was below and real noise issues. That's why we ended up changing to the new Deck 12 suites--at the very last minute--like 48 hours before deaprture--LOL. Which--as it goes--worked out great. But those Deck 10 aft suites are supposed to be the best--biggest decks!! Also, like I said in my review I think September is just perfect--as long as you don't get caught up in a storm--and then you just have to hang flexible (frankly I jsut want to relax and don't even care that much where I end up--although this was our third year to Bermuda in late September and beautiful weather each and every time. And you will love, love, love the suite!! :)

Whenever I start to wonder why I gave up a balcony for the SJ suite, I come back and read your comments. It really puts me at ease. Does anyone have any pictures of the new DAWN SJ's ? I've found a few of the STAR SJ's, but I'd love to see the Dawn's.

We have been to Bermuda twice...first time was our honeymoon (got married 9/18/82 :eek:)...the weather was picture perfect.

The last time we went was 9/2008... by cruise ship. Weather leaving NY was very rough (tail end of a hurricane caused us some 24 foot swells) but once in Bermuda, the weather was again gorgeous...although rather hot, but that's OK :) We were on the RCI Explorer of The Seas....very pretty ship (gorgeous, I should say) but much prefer NCL.

Next year's cruise will be to celebrate our 30th anniversary and I am very excited about the suite.

I am a bit confused about noise from Spinnaker's..I thought I had the spa above me and cabins below me???? I also thought Spinnakers was removed for to put suites in??

LOL...I'm a bit confused!!

I am a bit confused about noise from Spinnaker's..I thought I had the spa above me and cabins below me???? I also thought Spinnakers was removed for to put suites in??

LOL...I'm a bit confused!!

The Spinnaker was moved from deck 12 forward, to deck 7 aft, during dry-dock last May. People have had a problem with noise in the deck 8 aft suites from the late night music. Mostly the center aft suites, not as much in the outer suites.

That's correct. And Halos, there is no issue with noise in the Deck 10 AFT suites. . .I, unfortunately, had a Deck 8.

Oh...was it really bad? :confused:

I originally booked on deck 9 because I wasn't aware that the deck 10 balconies were larger...I then found that out by reading here on CC (where I find all my good information!!:)). We booked with friends...and they had a cabin on deck 9 right next to us. When I looked at availability for deck 10, there weren't two aft suite cabins next to each other so I just thought, "Oh well..."

But I happened to look again a couple days (maybe a week??) later and what do ya know?! :D Someone must have cancelled, or the hold was released or whatever, because two deck 10 afts were available....I called the TA gave both booking numbers and he moved us up a deck.

I was extremely fortunate!!

the thing is. . .I will never know if it was that bad or not--two days before sailing they let me upgrade at no cost (because it was actually at that point several hundred dollars less than I had paid for the aft suite)--to one of the brand new family suites with balcony on Deck 12. So the deck 12 suites are wonderful. But I did give up the aft suite. And I will never know if the noise is that bad. Many reported on here that they complained and were given an inside cabin nearby in which to sleep at night--but I was like--who wants to do that? thus the change.

the thing is. . .I will never know if it was that bad or not--two days before sailing they let me upgrade at no cost (because it was actually at that point several hundred dollars less than I had paid for the aft suite)--to one of the brand new family suites with balcony on Deck 12. .

DUH!! DUH.gif

Please forgive me...I did read that. But that quickly, I forgot.

Senility...what can you do??? :p

Archived