Change from Inside to Ocean View???

Just looking for a bit of advice. We've paid the final balance on our November cruise on Radiance to New Zealand.

We booked an inside guarantee and have been given cabin 1505 on deck 10, which is right at the front of the ship.

However the ocean view guarantee is now the same price.

We want to know:

a) would we be allowed to change?

b) if we can, do you think it would be a good idea. We are on deck 10 at the moment and obviously ocean view would be down on deck 2 or 3. Do you think we should try and change?????

Thanks

My understanding is that once your guarantee cabin is assigned you may switch to another room in the same catagory if available. So one option would be to ask if another inside would be available either more central or aft. It wouldn't hurt to ask also if you could switch to the ocean view guarantee, it may be nice to have a window, even on a lower floor.

Good Luck!

Just looking for a bit of advice. We've paid the final balance on our November cruise on Radiance to New Zealand.

We booked an inside guarantee and have been given cabin 1505 on deck 10, which is right at the front of the ship.

We want to know:

a) would we be allowed to change?

b) if we can, do you think it would be a good idea. We are on deck 10 at the moment and obviously ocean view would be down on deck 2 or 3. Do you think we should try and change?????

Thanks

Call the cruise line. See if you can get a balcony!

Never hurts to ask.

I've actually spoken to RCI about upgrading to a guarantee cabin recently, and the guarantee cabins are only for new bookings. Either, you will have to pay the difference to upgrade to an OV guarantee, or put up with the inside :(

Not sure since it's so close & you've paid your final balance. It's worth asking but you might have to pay a bit extra.

On our 11 night November Cruise to Cairns on RhapsodyOTS (6 weeks to go :D)we originally booked an Inside Guarantee. The price came down & as Australians we don't get price drops. An OV was only $8 more than what we had paid for an Inside.

I spoke to our TA & although we weren't able to get it for that price it only cost us an extra $100 pp to upgrade to OV, albeit on Deck 3, one of those very forward cabins with portholes not a picture window. Still worth it for natural light at that price IMHO.

This will only be our 3rd cruise, all with RCI. We had a free upgrade to OV on our 1st & an inside on our 2nd. DW says she'd rather go on 2 cruises than spend double to get a Balcony. She doesn't know it yet but I've booked our 4th cruise for February 2011 as a 40th Birthday surprise for her. I couldn't resist a balcony for this special occasion as it wasn't THAT MUCH more than an OV which in turn wasn't much more than an inside.

Hope I haven't gone off thread too much!:)

Keep that inside cabin close to the windjammer, pool, indoor spa and the biggest balcony on the ship. Just a couple off stairs away.

No waitng on the elevator all day.

Deck 10 are my favorite cabins in side or JR suite nummer 1 location.

I've actually spoken to RCI about upgrading to a guarantee cabin recently, and the guarantee cabins are only for new bookings. Either, you will have to pay the difference to upgrade to an OV guarantee, or put up with the inside :(

When did this change?? Others have been able to do it.

OP if the inside and OV gty are the same price, I certainly would call and ask. Worse comes to worse they say no and Id call back and get a 2nd opinion.

When did this change?? Others have been able to do it.

OP if the inside and OV gty are the same price, I certainly would call and ask. Worse comes to worse they say no and Id call back and get a 2nd opinion.

So I've heard, unfortunately. The prices dropped on my Nov 27th Rhapsody cruise and I have both called and emailed RCI about it.

The email reply was:

"Hi sarah

Unfortunately gty prices are for new bookings only. I can offer you an

Ocean View cabin cat I at $1455.94 per person"

Although the OV price was cheaper than it was initially, I still can't justify it quite yet. Crossing my fingers that it drops further.

(please note that this is correspondence with RCI Australia. USA may have different regulations, but that would surprise me immensely.)

just looking for a bit of advice. We've paid the final balance on our november cruise on radiance to new zealand.

We want to know:

A) would we be allowed to change?

B) if we can, do you think it would be a good idea. We are on deck 10 at the moment and obviously ocean view would be down on deck 2 or 3. Do you think we should try and change?????

Thanks

yes!!!!

I booked an Inside Guarantee and I asked about upgrading. I was told that I can could request any upgrade as long as it costs at least $1 more than I paid. On that note, if the OV guarantee is now the same for the inside guarantee they may say no. However, thats the worst they can say.

And, if someone says no then call back and speak to someone else.

Now, I am looking at OV guarantees that are pricing $300 more than I paid

so I could do this upgrade since it costs more. I am waiting till the OV guarantee is more reasonable.

Good luck and do not give up trying!

Archived