Perspectives Photography Studio questions.....

wasiii

We did this a year and a half ago on the Gem, dh, dd and I. DD was graduating from HS soon and we wanted a formal portrait. We spent over an hour with the photographer, first taking shots in the studio, then in the Haven and lastly in our cabin. A day or two later the photographer spent an hour or so going through the shots with us, as well as possible packages. The package we picked was just under $1000, but we knew about what something like this would run and had set our expectations. The shots were excellent, hard to choose only 7. We got a disk with all the shots on it included. Oh, the canvases were delivered several weeks later by mail - no problems with delivery.

Edited by suzequ
forgot something

• 2 years later...

Greetings:

ON the NCL Sun ( a very crappy ship) they had a perspectives private photo studio.

My partner and I had a free 8x10 photo as part of a package, so we went for the photo shoot. We had a photo session in a glamour shots over 10 years ago and said why not do another.

Valerie aboard the NCL SUN captured some amazing photos in the 30 minutes we were in the studio.

We went back the following day to view the PROOFS, which we arranged in a slide show. The photos were so outstanding, it brought tears to my eyes. We didn't know we needed a bank loan to purchase the proofs, or the pictures.

Over $1000. later we had a very nice framed 8x10 photo shipped to our home, ALL 163 proofs on a stick drive, with copyrights to print and our FREE 8x10 unframed.

Would we do it again of course we would, but we would be prepared.

The Rainbow Cowboys

Greetings:

ON the NCL Sun ( a very crappy ship) they had a perspectives private photo studio.

My partner and I had a free 8x10 photo as part of a package, so we went for the photo shoot. We had a photo session in a glamour shots over 10 years ago and said why not do another.

Valerie aboard the NCL SUN captured some amazing photos in the 30 minutes we were in the studio.

We went back the following day to view the PROOFS, which we arranged in a slide show. The photos were so outstanding, it brought tears to my eyes. We didn't know we needed a bank loan to purchase the proofs, or the pictures.

Over $1000. later we had a very nice framed 8x10 photo shipped to our home, ALL 163 proofs on a stick drive, with copyrights to print and our FREE 8x10 unframed.

Would we do it again of course we would, but we would be prepared.

The Rainbow Cowboys

Sorry to hear you think the SUN is a crappy ship. I am of the opposite opinion.

USD $999 for all jpg images on a flash drive on the Jade in December after a ~30 minute studio photo shoot of our two children. All white screen background. Pretty average quality.The wouldn't provide RAW images only jpg. They only offered canvas prints to be sent to you at home.

Crazy expensive for what you get but there's always a luxury tax to be paid for doing these sorts of things at sea.

csm

How did your picture experience go? How did you find info on the photographer? Thanks for your help.

Average photographer IMHO on the Jade in Dec using very standard poses and techniques. He had good studio equipment so the technical quality was fine. You will get equal or better quality for less than half the price in any city in North America. We paid the $999 because that meant not having to arrange another shoot back home so grudgingly paid the luxury tax. Getting on jpg and now raw files is my biggest complaint, especially at that price point.

These prices sound pretty much in line with wedding photography on land- on the high side for portraits, but not outrageous. Will be interested to see how it goes! There's really no comparison between the work of a skilled photographer who has time to do a whole shoot and someone who is just point-and-shooting in a group setting like the setups on formal nights.

• 1 year later...

We just returned from a cruise on the Norwegian Escape & ended up interacting with Perspectives Photography Studio while onboard. Here is the breakdown of how things went:

We received an invitation to a "champagne reception at the studio which we went to check out how it works. The photographer & her assistant were very friendly & they have walls full of canvas collages that they have taken of customers to show their options for those interested in that type of thing. We then set up a time for a "complimentary" photo shoot for the Thursday afternoon. The shoot was done first in-studio then we ventured out on to the Waterfront deck & took additional shots all the time the mood was very jovial & tons of fun. Upon finishing the shoot, we set up a follow-up appointment for the following afternoon to look at the shots & decide on what type of package we may choose. Upon return, they had set up a slide show set to music & went through all the shots taken, which were of a very high quality. They then went around the room showing us the canvas collages & went over pricing, while I can't remember how much they were, they were high dollar & we were not in the market for that type of item anyways due to choice first, but also price. We then asked about if we could just get the pictures on a flash drive to then print out as desired but to save the memory of the session & we were needless to say floored - the entire collection of about 45-50 photos on a flash drive was about $1200.00! We then started working our way down to the smallest we could get & that was 5 pictures for $299.00 - that's about $60 a shot just to put them on a flash drive. I understand they are professional/studio shots, but elsewhere on the ship, they have hired photographers who take random shots in restaurants, at the pools, in the atrium, by the stairs & those packages are 10 for $149 then discount down as you add more. We would have gladly paid those prices for these shots, but were basically told this is the price & that's that. This is when the jovial mood turned to straight business only & gave off the vibe of "if you don't want it, great, there's the door". This was the only sour note on an other-wise great cruise. Please beware that this is quite pricey for what they offer, though the pictures were of great quality, I just could not justify paying $60 a photo to just have them put on a flash drive & not even printed out.