Seattle transportation for 5 people

gkrnjlr

We are taking an Alaska cruise next July and are staying downtown at The Moore Hotel. Being a family of 5 - we won't fit into a taxi cab.

We called a shuttle company who said that their rate would be $80 to Pier 91 (from the hotel - about a 10 min. ride). It would also be $80 from Pier 91 to the airport (we were told it's about a 35 min. ride). That seems a little steep....?

Is there an affordable option for a family of 5 for transportation? We need to get from the hotel to Pier 91 and then post cruise from Pier 91 to SeaTac.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Not sure about Seattle but in Florida they have airport/port shuttles that do a sweep of the hotels. Check out the ports website as well as the airport. Also $80 for 5 is not a bad price. I am assuming that is for all 5. We looked I to a shuttle in Miami and it was $20 or $25 per person. As for the price between port and airport being the same it is because a drop off at airport is quick. Pull up and unload. At the pier there could be a wait at the luggage drop off line and also in some ports taxis have to pay a fee to enter. So they factor this into the price.

It has been a while since I have been to the airport, but when I used to live down there, they had mini-vans. There is a taxi company that has a contract with the airport. I am not sure if I would be allowed to post it here, but if you google Seattle Airport Taxi, it should be the first one to pop up. You should be able to call them and find out if they can seat 5. Also, there is a flat rate from the airport to the hotel district of downtown (I think it is $32), so make sure you don't get overcharged. Or, if you feel like walking about a quarter mile, we have a light rail system that gets you from the airport to downtown. You would ride it all the way to the end of the line and then walk two blocks west and two blocks north. It costs $2.75 per person. My in-laws always use this when they are in town from Minnesota. They seem to love it.

Archived