Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Hi Ladies! I stumbled across this page last night and couldn't stop reading. I had to revisit it this morning. I am taking my 2nd cruise in May on the Carnival Legend as a celebration for my daughter graduating high school. This will be a girls only cruise. :p We are planning on wearing long evening gowns at least one of the formal nights. We will have my daughter's best friend with us and she will have to miss her Sr prom, so we are trying to make up for it. I have plenty of cocktail dresses but no long formals. I found one on ebay that I am considering. Would you mind giving me your opinion? Is it ok for a cruise for a 40 something mom with her daughter? - Thanks!

1196522794_(KGrHqEOKpQE6RgYTowlBOwCRYq!g!60_141.jpg.c5250cb12b5b994c44d585ec3954a893.jpg

Hi there! New to CC and just found this thread. Spent all morning looking at dresses and wanted to thank you all for sharing. My trip is a last minute (less than a month's notice) booking so I am a little panicked about my clothes for formal night but you all helped so much! After the first few pictures I was worrying about needing a full length formal.

My dress is a kerchief point sheer dress over a black silk slip, the overdress is like a lace print and the front has beading on it and a draped neckline.

Just find this thread too!

I am going shopping tomorrow, cruise is in less than 4 weeks to carribean, I am a bit adverse to on-line shopping as I like to "feel the fabric" - but will definately look on line as well now - I was not planning to take long dresses, I prefer a cocktail knee length which seems to be popular (BTW I am in the UK so cannot use your fabulous shopping sites!), can you help my husband though, he does not have a dinner jacket/suit so planning to take a dark lounge suit, will this be ok do you think we are on the Celebrity Summit have 2 formal nights?

Hi Ladies! I stumbled across this page last night and couldn't stop reading. I had to revisit it this morning. I am taking my 2nd cruise in May on the Carnival Legend as a celebration for my daughter graduating high school. This will be a girls only cruise. :p We are planning on wearing long evening gowns at least one of the formal nights. We will have my daughter's best friend with us and she will have to miss her Sr prom, so we are trying to make up for it. I have plenty of cocktail dresses but no long formals. I found one on ebay that I am considering. Would you mind giving me your opinion? Is it ok for a cruise for a 40 something mom with her daughter? - Thanks!

The dress is beautiful and a great color! It will be perfect for your upcoming May cruise!

Just find this thread too!

I am going shopping tomorrow, cruise is in less than 4 weeks to carribean, I am a bit adverse to on-line shopping as I like to "feel the fabric" - but will definately look on line as well now - I was not planning to take long dresses, I prefer a cocktail knee length which seems to be popular (BTW I am in the UK so cannot use your fabulous shopping sites!), can you help my husband though, he does not have a dinner jacket/suit so planning to take a dark lounge suit, will this be ok do you think we are on the Celebrity Summit have 2 formal nights?

wendy_woo, the dark suit for your husband will be just fine for the formal nights. Many men wear dark suits or just a dark sports coat on formal night.

V263536.jpg

Love this dress! I was eyeing the same dress in a tangerine color, but I think this one looks even better. Great choice!

Sorry - the upload didn't work quite right before.

Love the color of that dress, I think it's perfect for your cruise. :)

I think it's very pretty! LOVE it! :)

Your dress is lovely and very appropriate for your cruise. Hope you are planning on being one of the "girls" and have lots of fun together.

Thank you to everyone that replied to my question earlier today. I appreciate the input. I actually stopped by my Ross this evening and found a grey dress for $25. I'll post a pic as soon as I get one uploaded.

LiveWell - YES I absolutely plan on being one of the girls.:) I went on my first cruise "with the girls" last year and absolutely loved it. I think we are making it an annual get away. The shopping an planning for the cruise is so much fun too!

Thank you to everyone that replied to my question earlier today. I appreciate the input. I actually stopped by my Ross this evening and found a grey dress for $25. I'll post a pic as soon as I get one uploaded.

LiveWell - YES I absolutely plan on being one of the girls.:) I went on my first cruise "with the girls" last year and absolutely loved it. I think we are making it an annual get away. The shopping an planning for the cruise is so much fun too!

Sigh, I have sons - gorgeous, wonderful sons - but they really aren't that interested in my cruise wardrobe planning. ;):)

I think one of my greatest regrets in life will be that I didn't have a daughter to share 'Mother-Daughter' moments/outings/experiences with. I love and adore my sons, but there is just some things we will never be able to do together! :( Enjoy your special time together! BTW... love Ross. It's like a garage sale, you never know what 'treasure' you might find!

I think it is lovely and just the think for us 40 somethings to wear!

Here is the dress I bought this evening. It's actually pretty simple. It's just a polyester and should pack well. I'm still going to look for another one - just because ;) - Thanks again!

Pretty and simple is good. Buying it cheaply at Ross so you can buy another one, even better!

I too have two boys and neither of them could care less what I wear, in fact neither does my husband.

Here is the dress I bought this evening. It's actually pretty simple. It's just a polyester and should pack well. I'm still going to look for another one - just because ;) - Thanks again!

You might consider looking for a dress at Dillards. :)

http://www.dillards.com/shop/Women-Dresses-Special-Occasion/_/N-lgam?catalogId=301&langId=-1&splashlink=header_wapparel&storeId=301

Sigh, I have sons - gorgeous, wonderful sons - but they really aren't that interested in my cruise wardrobe planning. ;):)

Lynne,

I know what you are talking about....only one child for me....a wonderful son....But I got a real deal out of that....a beautiful daughter-in-law and two precious grandchildren...!!:)

Oh, and my little DIL tells me that Chloe Faith has a thing for shoes and bows.....they blame "Grandma in Florida" for that!:rolleyes::D

Ladies, please keep posting....you are all sharing some lovely dresses!:)

Lynne' date='[/b']

I know what you are talking about....only one child for me....a wonderful son....But I got a real deal out of that....a beautiful daughter-in-law and two precious grandchildren...!!:)

Oh, and my little DIL tells me that Chloe Faith has a thing for shoes and bows.....they blame "Grandma in Florida" for that!:rolleyes::D

Ladies, please keep posting....you are all sharing some lovely dresses!:)

Sherrie, that's so funny. My DIL says the same thing about me & my shoes! And I'm "training" my darling granddaughter to take after me! She always wants to go to the mall with me! :D In fact I just bought her a new pair of "silver ballet flats" for her to wear to the "Daddy Daughter Dance" in 2 wks. !

I wish I could. The nearest Dillards is a couple hours away from us. I still have time and I'm sure I'll do a road trip to go shopping at some point before the cruise. My daughter is counting on it!