Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Bought at a charity shop for $12 (thrift store) I think you call them. I will be wearing black evening slacks with the top, so think that will be ok for dinner. I think I am going to pack too much for our cruise Feb 2013....but we are not flying so not restricted in weight.

I just need to make out my list for each day of what we are wearing, I hate doing things at the last minute .....so looking forward to being on board and relaxing.

top.jpg.5e44c99b5cf08b5e63062a255a190e6b.jpg

Bought at a charity shop for $12 (thrift store) I think you call them. I will be wearing black evening slacks with the top, so think that will be ok for dinner. I think I am going to pack too much for our cruise Feb 2013....but we are not flying so not restricted in weight.

I just need to make out my list for each day of what we are wearing, I hate doing things at the last minute .....so looking forward to being on board and relaxing.

I think it will be lovely for dining, fellow Aussie. It looks classically elegant. :)

Edited by Beejay4016

I am 5'2" and am at 165 too. I'm in a size 10 and I'm finding it really hard to lose the last 25 (the high end for weight watchers). I think I have the same bone structure as you...I don't think i could ever get that small. I've also lost 65 and to me, I don't look any different in the mirror. I see it in pictures but it's hard to believe. I think adjusting to the new you takes awhile.

I lost 100 lbs. with WW. I agree...it took me 3 years to lose the weight, and a whole other year to really see it. It's been slightly more than a year since I hit my goal, and my mind is just catching up with my body.

I am convinced that is why we lose and regain weight. We just don't see it, and get discouraged, and old habits creep back.

Cute, cute top! Love it.:)

Finally had time to snag a picture (no matter how bad it is) of the dress I ordered. You can wear it so many ways and I think my biggest problem will be deciding how I want to wear it!

Now, just gotta decide how to accessorize. I have some bronze strappy/beaded kitten heels, but I don't have a nice necklace or bracelet (depending on how I wear it) to go with.

I have some strappy, goddess like sandals in a almost pewter silver and (if you can see it) that rhinestone drop necklace..........

The kitten heels would only be worn with that dress, where the wedges could be worn with a lot.

The silver look like this design, but shiney and all sliver

Oh my! I love it! You look beautiful in green. Like Jkudzu said, silver shoes would be perfect.

M

Well it was your green dress that inspired me to get it.

Did I just see a "Green Dress"?:) Oh' date=' I love that color! It has to be my all time favorite color! I have three that color....:D It will be lovely for your cruise....and the silver will be great with it... I can guarantee that you will get lots of compliments and have a wonderful time wearing that dress!;):)[/b']

Thank You!

Finally had time to snag a picture (no matter how bad it is) of the dress I ordered. You can wear it so many ways and I think my biggest problem will be deciding how I want to wear it!

IMG_7236.jpg

Now, just gotta decide how to accessorize. I have some bronze strappy/beaded kitten heels, but I don't have a nice necklace or bracelet (depending on how I wear it) to go with.

I have some strappy, goddess like sandals in a almost pewter silver and (if you can see it) that rhinestone drop necklace..........

The kitten heels would only be worn with that dress, where the wedges could be worn with a lot.

The silver look like this design, but shiney and all sliver.

pr_135770.jpg

You look AMAZING in this dress....now i have to go shopping! Something like this will be perfect for my Dec cruise

Your dress is unbelievable. WOW with a huge W!

LOVE the colour on this one. Didn't you also have a purple one earlier in this thread? I love it when women wear bold and bright colours.

Yes. I still have it, but it needs to be taken in about 2 more inches (already in 3 inches last year), so I'm leaving it at home this time.

Here it is on the cruise. My friend and I were playing model in the Caribbean breeze.

IMG_5601.jpg

HEY! There are those silver sandals!!! knew I had a picture......

IMG_5607.jpg

Edited by brooklynfc

You look AMAZING in this dress....now i have to go shopping! Something like this will be perfect for my Dec cruise

These types of dresses have become VERY popular. And they are in all sizes, styles, colors. So versatile. The wrinkles will be a PITA, but I think I can use my Downey or just toss it in a dryer on the cruise for a few mins. and be fine.

I do hate wearing spanx and avoid them at all cost. But I might consider a pair with this dress just to help smooth things a bit more.

I lost 100 lbs. with WW. I agree...it took me 3 years to lose the weight, and a whole other year to really see it. It's been slightly more than a year since I hit my goal, and my mind is just catching up with my body.

I am convinced that is why we lose and regain weight. We just don't see it, and get discouraged, and old habits creep back.

I'm doing WW too. I think that's why I am okay with the last 30 going very slowly. I'm changing my mindset and not just trying to drop the last pounds. You are an inspiration to me!

Yes. I still have it, but it needs to be taken in about 2 more inches (already in 3 inches last year), so I'm leaving it at home this time.

Here it is on the cruise. My friend and I were playing model in the Caribbean breeze.

IMG_5601.jpg

HEY! There are those silver sandals!!! knew I had a picture......

IMG_5607.jpg

Love it! Wow, what a dress and attitude!

These types of dresses have become VERY popular. And they are in all sizes, styles, colors. So versatile. The wrinkles will be a PITA, but I think I can use my Downey or just toss it in a dryer on the cruise for a few mins. and be fine.

I do hate wearing spanx and avoid them at all cost. But I might consider a pair with this dress just to help smooth things a bit more.

I hated Spanx for a while also. I tried a different size and now wear them almost everyday. You can get some pretty cheap off ebay, i think my last one was less then $20

Thank you,

Idk why Photobucket has such issues with photos. It was right side up and smaller last night.........now..............:rolleyes:

Photobucket has been a pain for me since they started the new beta testing. I've shrunk and cropped photos numerous times only to end up posting the original. I just posted some huge panoramic photos on another thread and didn't have to shrink them at all in photobucket. :confused::cool:

My second elegant dress.....just got it in $30 from $68 from Torrid. LOVE!

IMG_7269.jpg

I fell in love with this dress. All of your dresses are beautiful, but I love the colors in this dress and the pattern is beautiful. I went to the Torrid website, but they don't have my size. :mad: That happens, I know!

My issue is that I'm borderline misses and plus sized. I am very large in the chest area. It can be so difficult to find things that fit me. I ordered some things recently from Ashley Stewart, and they are a really good fit because they are designed for my shape but I can order a 14 and it will fit the way it should.

Do you have other sites to suggest? By the way, the green dress looks like one of those 10 way dresses. I tried one from Ashley Stewart and it was a great fabric. I just couldn't find a color I liked.

I fell in love with this dress. All of your dresses are beautiful, but I love the colors in this dress and the pattern is beautiful. I went to the Torrid website, but they don't have my size. :mad: That happens, I know!

My issue is that I'm borderline misses and plus sized. I am very large in the chest area. It can be so difficult to find things that fit me. I ordered some things recently from Ashley Stewart, and they are a really good fit because they are designed for my shape but I can order a 14 and it will fit the way it should.

Do you have other sites to suggest? By the way, the green dress looks like one of those 10 way dresses. I tried one from Ashley Stewart and it was a great fabric. I just couldn't find a color I liked.

Thank you. Yea, that was a clearance dress, so the sizes are limited right now. But there is a cream one that was built similar to it. This is the first time I've ordered a piece of clothing from Torrid and the fit was amazing.

I would love Ashley Stewart, but I can't afford her, lol.

And as for sites:

I got that green dress (yes, it is a 10 way) from Swak Designs

Try:

Simplybe (they are UK and they have a US based. I haven't ordered from them, but I read a blogger who does all the time)

Igigi- a bit on the expensive side for me too

Sydney's Closet, mostly only formal wear. That's wear the purple dress came from.

Those are a few that people don't usually know about.

Edited by brooklynfc