Majesty - Boston to Bermuda - Rooms?

Piazza1979

First time cruisers, so we are not sure of our sea legs :)

I have read it is best to look for a lower level, as you will feel the movement less (unless you hit rough water, then everywhere is bad....) However, is it a good idea to book a forward facing cabin, or would we be better off with an outward cabin? Both choices are oceanviews.

Thanks for your help.

E

Those front facing rooms look pretty roomy. I peeked in one time when we were on the ship, but the windows/ceiling slopes. My mother stayed in one of those rooms one time and wasn't crazy about it because of the sloping window/ceiling. As I said, I peeked in and I thought they looked nice.

I agree with suemac. Because the majesty is a small ship and the way it is built, she rocks a lot when the seas are rough. I have been on the majesty 8 times and have been on the 8th deck, 4 deck, front and back and the in my opinion the best place to be when sailing the majesty is in the middle on one of the lowest decks. However, the majesty is a wonderful ship with a great crew. YOu will have a great time.

marie

I agree. The midship in the lowest deck is the best. I'm a believer in that I'd rather spend less money on the room and more on the cruise. I did have friends who went with me who got a room in the front and its noticeable. (Just hang out around the Fireworks Lounge and the gift shops and you'll know what im talking about) :)

But it is a great time to be had, I've gone on that cruise three times and counting.

I agree with the others that midships is your best bet. We once had a forward (but not forward-facing) cabin on a Bermuda cruise, and we could notice the difference as we walked from midships forward to our cabin.

We had a forward facing interior cabin on deck 6 one trip and we could feel every movement of the ship. Next cruise we had a "normal" outside cabin and didn't feel a thing on deck 8. Time of year has a lot to do with the motion too. May/June and September/October tend to be a bit rougher in the Atlantic than July/August.

We were aboard the Majesty last May in Cabin 715 forward. The seas were rough, thus motion was felt everywhere. The weather in Bermuda was cool & somewhat damp.

This time we have booked a cabin on the 4th deck midships, in July. Hopefully, we'll have calmer seas, and better beach weather in Bermuda.

The Majesty is a wonderful ship, with a friendly helpful crew. Yes, she's older & small,

but the cruise experience is lovely.

• 2 weeks later...

can someone explain guaranteed booking? my ta said we had superior inside on deck 4 - but no room # because we're guaranteed. But I read somewhere that guaranteed just means you can'g get lower than your room -i.e., superior inside but it can be on any deck....thoughts...

You can be put on any deck, however, will be equal to what you booked your gar... cabin. It even can be better. I have booked a guarantee inside on the majesty before and got an outside on a higher deck. The only thing it was a forward cabin and you feel the motion much more in the front.I have been on the majesty 8 times and love the crew. Made many friends there and continue to email some.

marie

This is one ship on which I wouldn't book a guarantee - we've been on the Majesty four times, and we always choose the cabin we want, simply due to the size of the ship and the motion. We try to stay as close to mid-ships as we can, but we don't like being on the lower decks simply because it's too far away from everything (however, as others have stated, much less motion).

For our upcoming cruise we booked an E on deck 8 (we love deck 8 -- close to everything) and got an upgrade call this week from our TA for a CC on the same deck -- $150 more (for both of us)! We thought it was a great deal so we took it.

You will love the Majesty AND Bermuda!

Archived