Martina McBride on the VOS 11/19 from NOLA

This was posted on RC's Facebook page this evening.

Royal Caribbean International

We’re returning to New Orleans – “The Big Easy”, and we’re doing it BIG! On November 19th, 2011 Voyager of the Seas will celebrate the return with award-winning, country singer Martina McBride! Stay tuned for more updates!

It's our first RC cruise, and I'm pretty excited at this announcement.

It's invite only in the theater, and before the ship leaves, so you most likely won't see it. It'll be all politicians and RCI muckety-mucks.

And why are we not celebrating on the first cruise from NOLA?

If it is invitation-only, why would it be announced publicly on Facebook? Sincerely asking.

They did this with Taylor Swift when she was on the Allure in January. It was invitation only. Those in suites and D+ were invited. It was held in the Aqua Theater. With the main show lounge being a bit larger, they may open it up to other C&A members also.

If it is invitation-only, why would it be announced publicly on Facebook? Sincerely asking.

Yup, just quoting the whole press release.

The Martina concert for invited guests will take place in Voyager of the Seas’ Lyric Theatre before the ship departs on its Western Caribbean Thanksgiving cruise.

Just the fact that it's not on the actual first cruise added with what they said in the presser makes me believe it's a private party/publicity stunt. I'm sure they'll fill the gaps with a handful of cruisers, but I doubt many will actually see the show. And if they are going to wait for cruisers who are embarking, then you're going to be leaving port quite late because they said it will be done before the ship leaves. If only one person books thinking they are going to be seeing this because of this announcement, they win.

They did this with Taylor Swift when she was on the Allure in January. It was invitation only. Those in suites and D+ were invited. It was held in the Aqua Theater. With the main show lounge being a bit larger, they may open it up to other C&A members also.

Did they put up big curtains so that people in boardwalk balcony cabins couldn't see? This is a common trick used in venues where non-ticketed bystanders might be able to observe some part of a performance.

While it sounds crappy to do that, I could almost see a problem occurring if they didn't. Opportunists with prime boardwalk cabins could auction off their balconies as skyboxes for the concert...Honestly if I really like the performer I'd buy someone a few drinks if they'd let me watch it from their balcony.

Just did a price check on this cruise, and there are no Suites left!

We have a Junior Suite (booked in nov. 2010) on this cruise and the suites have been sold out for quite a long time now. It will be interesting to see the details on who all gets to attend the show... my family is definitely interested in seeing her.

Did they put up big curtains so that people in boardwalk balcony cabins couldn't see? This is a common trick used in venues where non-ticketed bystanders might be able to observe some part of a performance.

While it sounds crappy to do that, I could almost see a problem occurring if they didn't. Opportunists with prime boardwalk cabins could auction off their balconies as skyboxes for the concert...Honestly if I really like the performer I'd buy someone a few drinks if they'd let me watch it from their balcony.

The concert was open view to all that were booked in Boardwalk balcony cabins plus some were able to get access to the aft upper decks. I don't thnk it was the plan to keep people from seeing the concert. There were only so many seats in the Aqua Theater but RCI did not block off any sight lines.

Here's a link to a video of one of her songs. You can see people on their balconies.

http://cruisingator.smugmug.com/Travel/Allure-of-the-Seas-Videos/15560705_rFJXKS#1165689110_QowA2-A-LB

Archived