Platinum vs Milestone Rewards

PTCcruizer

I've been a member of Cruise Critic since 2009 and this is my first blog. Better late than never, I guess.

Anyways, I've been a milestone rewards member for a couple of years (25+ cruises with Carnival). I wrote Carnival HQ to ask about the difference between platinum and milestone. Other than the 25% discount on the room for the 25th cruise, there doesn't seem to be any extra perks. No one on the ships knows the difference other than the color of the card (white). Does anyone know?

BTW - Was just on the Valor for 2 weeks. Loved the new dining room menu. Tried the oysters, frogs legs and alligator. They all tasted like chicken! YUMMMMMY!

As of right now there is the extra % off when hitting 25, 50 & 100 cruises. Otherwise it's just the Platinum perks and a different colored card.

Time will tell if they add anything when they chage the program.

ps your font is almost too small to read.:(

The last announcement was the changes to the program were being delayed till early next year. We will have to wait to see how it affects milestone members. John Heald said that none would lose out (loss of a level) with the changes (whatever they are). Congrats on your first post btw...

As of right now there is the extra % off when hitting 25, 50 & 100 cruises. Otherwise it's just the Platinum perks and a different colored card.

Time will tell if they add anything when they chage the program.

ps your font is almost too small to read.:(

It is hard to read amd I beleive that Milestone is 25,50,75 and 100.

OP: Carnival has a good FAQ section on their web site:

Platinum Member - MilestoneSail and celebrate your Carnival “milestone” with our exciting new guest recognition program. Past guests who sail on a “milestone” 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fare, respectively, for that particular voyage. And, for your 100th earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaskan voyage up to eight days in length. These “milestone” cruise benefits are in addition to the other amenities and privileges of being a “Platinum” cardholder.

For more information call toll-free, 1-877-CCL-VIPS (1-877-225-8477). Shipboard credits and free cruises received for “milestone” cruises are non-transferable and non-refundable. Certain other restrictions apply.

Welcome to milestone, most people that have got to milestone got a 3 or 4 hundred OBC for there 25th cruise and thats it. If you spend more money for your cabin on the 25th cruise you can get a couble more bucks. Not many people spend alot for the 25th cruise. There may be a few but they pay alot for the cabin. AND THATS IT, everything else is platinum perks. Thats all you get for the next 24 cruises. So love that white card because thats all you get. You can have 49 cruises and you get the same perks as someone with 10.

Archived