New Bar setup procedure

LOWTYD

Has anyone been having trouble with the new bar set up procedure? You now have to go through reservations and they seem to be totally lost. I was able to get mine the old way last week with the Group Event Coordinator, but have spoken to several people this week who tried to order through the GEC and were told to call the Reservation Department now. There seems to be some confusion when you call, as if they don't know they are suppose to be doing this. Did this just start? :confused:

Has anyone been having trouble with the new bar set up procedure? You now have to go through reservations and they seem to be totally lost. I was able to get mine the old way last week with the Group Event Coordinator, but have spoken to several people this week who tried to order through the GEC and were told to call the Reservation Department now. There seems to be some confusion when you call, as if they don't know they are suppose to be doing this. Did this just start? :confused:

I was told the same thing by my Group Event Coordinator, Lowtyd. She said to call reservations (800-327-7300). I called and, because I used a TA, was transferred to another department. The woman who answered was very nice and knew they were supposed to do this, but it did take a while. She put me on hold for quite a while. But once she came back, it went smoothly. I asked if a menu could be emailed to me, but she said they don't do that because it is always changing, so I just had to choose over the phone. Only real trouble I am having is they can't seem to get the receipt emailed to me. I called back and they have tried again, but I still haven't received it. It is not surprising - there are always bugs to work out when they change procedures.

Only real trouble I am having is they can't seem to get the receipt emailed to me. I called back and they have tried again, but I still haven't received it. It is not surprising - there are always bugs to work out when they change procedures.

UPDATE: I received my amenities invoice, confirming the bar set up order. :D

ROTFL!!!

All I know is I have 3 bottles of liquor waiting for me in 26 days, and lord knows I need a drink!:D

Dont like change , no sir..

Why fix it if it aint broken.

Just when you think ya have it all figured out , BAM .

Lets hope they add Bourbon back to the list :D

Like (except for the bourbon - bleck!)

Mine sharing what those three bottles were, and cost/size? My husband and I are debating about ordering a bottle of vodka or gin and bringing tonic water to make pre-game cocktails. I nkow it's SUPER inflated prices, but the way this Irish girl can drink ... might be worth it! :)

Mine sharing what those three bottles were, and cost/size? My husband and I are debating about ordering a bottle of vodka or gin and bringing tonic water to make pre-game cocktails. I nkow it's SUPER inflated prices, but the way this Irish girl can drink ... might be worth it! :)

Post #20 in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1453063

has a price list from July for the Epic. It should give you a general idea.

What you described is how we do it. We order a bottle of Bombay Sapphire and a bottle of Absolut. We also bring 6 bottles of our favorite wines and pay the corkage. By making our own drinks, we are definitly saving money over the bar prices, and we make them how we like them.

Mine sharing what those three bottles were, and cost/size? My husband and I are debating about ordering a bottle of vodka or gin and bringing tonic water to make pre-game cocktails. I know it's SUPER inflated prices, but the way this Irish girl can drink ... might be worth it! :)

We have Absolut that is $83 and(2) Barcardi Silver which is $63 THe Absolut comes in several flavors if you like. Just ask what kind of XXXXX they have they will give you the list for that certain catagory. They won't send you a complete list but some have posted it on the boards before so you can try to do a search.

Earlier this week, we placed our bar setup order for our November cruise on the Gem (we will be in a suite and were able to place the order via the concierge desk). We ordered 1L of Grey Goose ($103) and 1L of Absolut Ruby Red ($83). We wanted the Absolut Kurant, but were told it was not available. :(

Earlier this week, we placed our bar setup order for our November cruise on the Gem (we will be in a suite and were able to place the order via the concierge desk). We ordered 1L of Grey Goose ($103) and 1L of Absolut Ruby Red ($83). We wanted the Absolut Kurant, but were told it was not available. :(

And Kurant was one of the flavors my Group Coordinator gave me! LOL. I guess it's a crap shoot!

I never heard of ordering a bar setup though the conceirge desk. I didn't even know there was one you could call ahead of time. (for Suite guest)

We received a call from the Cosigure (sp) lasy week for our cruise starting tomarrow, We gave them 2 out of our thee choice of bottles, our choice of pillows. We could have made dinner reservations for the week but since we are surprising my mother on board for her birthday we do not know whats going on since my mother is a very light eater

We received a call from the Cosigure (sp) lasy week for our cruise starting tomarrow, We gave them 2 out of our thee choice of bottles, our choice of pillows. We could have made dinner reservations for the week but since we are surprising my mother on board for her birthday we do not know whats going on since my mother is a very light eater

That's nice they do that ahead of time for the suite guest.

I hope your mom had a great birthday. Have a wonderful cruise. I see you are sailing tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on the brand. $63-$103. Smirnof to Grey Goose.

I am just learning EVERYTHING on CC!!! thanks for the info, I had NO idea you could order bottles. I'll be making my call her ein a few.

:D

CC has made all the difference in the world in enhancing our cruise experience. Enjoy your bar set up! We love it!

September 15th I did receive a reply form the GEC on the Star confirming the ability to do a bar set up as well she sent the following list. Never did she mention there were changes coming only that I would have to select the three comp bottles which come with the OS well on board, as it was from a different menue.

However I did send out another email yeasterday asking about getting a wine package set up as well and have yet to hear back.of Liquor

Price

Bottle

Size

Ounces

per Bottle

Bourbon/Whiskey

Seagram's 7 Crown

$63

1 Ltr

Jack Daniel's Black

$83

1 Ltr

Crown Royal Special Reserve

$123

750 Ml

Cognac

Courvoisier VS

$83

1 Ltr

Rémy Martin V.S.O.P

$103

1 Ltr

Gin

Beefeater

$63

1 Ltr

Bombay Sapphire

$83

1 Ltr

Liqueurs

Brogan Irish Cream/Bailey's

$83

1 Ltr

Southern Comfort

$83

1 Ltr

Di Saronno Amaretto

$83

1 Ltr

Godiva Chocolate

$83

750 Ml

Grand Marnier

$83

1 Ltr

Kahlua

$83

1 Ltr

Pama

$83

750 Ml

Rum

Bacardi Superior

$63

1.14 Ltr

Captain Morgan

$63

1 Ltr

Scotch Whiskey

Cutty Sark

$63

1 Ltr

Glenfiddich

$83

1 Ltr

Chivas Regal

$83

1 Ltr

Tequila

Cuervo Gold

$63

1 Ltr

1800 Reposado

$83

750 Ml

Sauza Tres Generations

$103

750 Ml

Vodka

Smirnoff 80

$63

1 Ltr

Absolut

$83

1 Ltr

Absolut Citron

$83

1 Ltr

Absolut Kurant

$83

1 Ltr

Absolut Peper

$83

1 Ltr

Absolut Mandarin

$83

1 Ltr

Absolut Apeach

$83

1 Ltr

Absolut Ruby Red

$83

1 Ltr

Grey Goose

$103

1 Ltr

Grey Goose L'Orange

$103

1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Vanille

$103

1 Ltr

Grey Goose La Poire

$103

1 Ltr

Do they still charge a set up fee?:confused:

I know it's only a few $, but I find that so annoying. When I first ordered the bar set up I thought the "set up fee" meant they included a bottle of mixer or a few cans of tonic. Ha, ha. I still don't know what it includes (if they still charge it, that is).

I know it's only a few $, but I find that so annoying. When I first ordered the bar set up I thought the "set up fee" meant they included a bottle of mixer or a few cans of tonic. Ha, ha. I still don't know what it includes (if they still charge it, that is).

All we were charged is the price I was quoted per bottle. There was no additional fee.

It's still $3 per bottle (which is why all the prices posted above end in a "3").

The "set-up" fee is really just a "deliver to your cabin" charge per bottle.

If you want mixers, you can order from room service, get juices from the breakfast bar, utilize the mini bar in the cabin, or do what we do -- bring your own!

HAVE FUN!

:)

September 15th I did receive a reply form the GEC on the Star confirming the ability to do a bar set up as well she sent the following list. Never did she mention there were changes coming only that I would have to select the three comp bottles which come with the OS well on board, as it was from a different menue.

However I did send out another email yeasterday asking about getting a wine package set up as well and have yet to hear back.of Liquor

GEC wrote back yesterday still doing the bar set up through her no changes as far as I was told as long as they receive it one week in advance. OS selections and wine packages must be done well on board however.

Price

Bottle

Size

Ounces

per Bottle

Bourbon/Whiskey

Archived