One more question about dining QM2

Little London

I am a bit confused about the Single-seating dining in Princess Grill. If you can dine anytime between 6.30pm-9pm and request a table for 8, how can you all sit and eat at the same time:confused:.

You would have to discuss this with your fellow table companions and see if they wish to do this.

People do arrive at the table whenever they wish (within the 18:30 - 21:00 timeframe) - that's what you're all paying for, that choice.

First see if you like them, you may wish to move tables, or there may not be enough of a connection that you would wish to dine together. If you are getting on very well then ask them for/suggest a time-slot for the following evening.

It is a lot more fun if everyone commences their meals at the same time. Sometimes we would linger over our menus as our table companions would always arrive after us.

Yes this situation can be arkward because with having open seating people just want to arrive when they are ready.

We found what ever time we arrived if it was before or after our table mates we seemed to all finish our meal at a similar time. People do tend to linger and chat.

With you being on your own I would suggest asking the others at what time they like to dine. If you have an approixmate time, this might save being on your own for all of the meal.

Catherine

I've always found that those who opt for a table of 6/8 are all like minded. They too have the same concerns about dining all together and as others have suggested you need to talk this over with your table mates.

Breakfast is usually the time when you may find yourself alone, but I think most of us aggree that's not a bad thing.;)

If you and your table mates attend the Grill or World club parties you'll find that you'll all end up arriving at the table more or less together.

Don't forget to make the suggestion that if any of you choose to eat in another dining venue during the voyage, you'll notify each other.

Bell Boy:)

Breakfast is usually the time when you may find yourself alone, but I think most of us aggree that's not a bad thing.;)

I agree this was quite pleasant. Next time I plan to take a morning paper along. Breakfast was very relaxing.

web.jpg?ver=13066773360001

If you and your table mates attend the Grill or World club parties you'll find that you'll all end up arriving at the table more or less together.

As will practically the entire Princess Grill restaurant. This does wonders for the atmosphere.

Don't forget to make the suggestion that if any of you choose to eat in another dining venue during the voyage, you'll notify each other.

This is an excellent suggestion. You may also notify the maitre d'. He will then let your table-mates know when they arrive for dinner.

Archived