Pre-pay tips,miss cruise, lose out on pre-paid tips.

I honestly don't know if they'll be refunded but as far as "reselling" the cabin. I know on the cruises "I've" been on thus far...there's often a small handful of local people hanging around hoping to get a "last minute" deal. If you have to cancel a few days BEFORE the cruise...they have a good probability of reselling the cabin.

I honestly don't know if they'll be refunded but as far as "reselling" the cabin. I know on the cruises "I've" been on thus far...there's often a small handful of local people hanging around hoping to get a "last minute" deal. If you have to cancel a few days BEFORE the cruise...they have a good probability of reselling the cabin.

Im not sure what port this is where local people are hanging around. As far as I know you can only book last minute by calling, not booking at the dock. Only ones who can get on at the port are workers, like those who are checking your in at the port, they can get on last minute, but not regular people unless they pick up the phone and call.

Its impossible to resell a no show, since Carnival wouldnt know about the no show until after the ship sailed.

I dont believe the tips are even charged until you show up at the counter. They take your credit card then and run it through before they give you your sail and sign.

You can pay the tips when you pay for the cruise if you so wish. That is what people mean by pre-paid tips.

I do not think you can book last minute at the port. Thought they needed the pax list 24 hours before departure?

I think you are right. Due to security, you have to book at least 24 hours prior to the cruise. I do not know if this policy is strictly enforced, but I do know that is the new rule.

You are entitled to a refund of your pre-paid gratuities and all your taxes and port charges should you need to cancel at the last minute. But, unless you have insurance, then the rest is lost. I think you may be entitled to a refund of any shore excursions that you pre-purchased, based on the excursion. You should read the fine print on that.

I do not think you can book last minute at the port. Thought they needed the pax list 24 hours before departure?

They need the list one hour before sailing

Carnival FAQ

Government regulations for U.S. departure ports require that a final departure manifest is submitted 60 minutes prior to departure. Guests must provide us with the required information prior to embarkation. The easiest and most convenient way is to complete our FunPass on line registration process (http://www.carnival.com/mycruise) at least (3) three days prior to departure. Guests that do not complete the registration process prior to embarkation are required to check-in at least 90 minutes prior to the published sailing time.

I think you are right. Due to security' date=' you have to book at least 24 hours prior to the cruise. I do not know if this policy is strictly enforced, but I do know that is the new rule.

You are entitled to a refund of your pre-paid gratuities and all your taxes and port charges [b']should you need to cancel at the last minute[/b]. But, unless you have insurance, then the rest is lost. I think you may be entitled to a refund of any shore excursions that you pre-purchased, based on the excursion. You should read the fine print on that.

I was refering to being a no show.The ship sails and your cabin is empty. As big duck stated, Pre-paid tips is what I mean.

Archived