chairs on the promanade deck?

grandmacruise

Promenade or Panorama?

The Promenade is one of the lower decks with no exterior areas. There are numerous chairs and couches along the starboard side aft of the lobby area.

If you're referencing the Panorama deck (the one that looks down on the Lido...), yes, there are chairs and lounge chairs available there. Here's a shot of the Panorama Deck...

IMG_1517.jpg

:)

No, that deck is used for the safety briefing.

(it would be nice to have lounge chairs out there- I remember the Victory having that back in2002 was a nice place to escape the people

Sorry .. I called the exterior deck the promanade deck. I'm talking about walkway outside the Lobby Deck. I've been on other ships and enjoyed the deck chairs on this deck. It is quieter and you are outside..

Ohhh... you mean the Atlantic Deck. I dug up this picture of the exterior Atlantic Deck on the Conquest from about 3 or so years ago...

IMG_1499.jpg

In that photo, at least, there were a few chairs out there...

For a moment there I thought that was MY dad--LOL

The Victory had them the entire deck.

Where was the Safety drill held back then? I have no idea at all.

It was on the Atlantic Deck. If I'm not mistaken, those chair fold and are stored for embark...

Would a crew member get you a lounge chair for out there if you asked for it?

For some reason this was stopped a few years back. So I doubt that a crew member will be able to get you a chair

Can anyone tell me if Liberty or Glory have deck chairs on the promanade deck?

It's been my experience that Conquest-class ships (and Destiny) are the only ones where you can reliably count on finding shaded lounge chairs on the Atlantic deck. I've been on the Liberty, Valor & Freedom and this was the case. I'm cruising the Glory this coming November (Thanksgiving), and selected all of these cruises based specifically on this point. I love hanging out on that shady deck, in a lounge chair. Very relaxing. Pride-class and Fantasy-class don't have this, in my experience.

Victory didn't have them when I sailed her. None of them have.

Hey, if you've read enough of my reviews, you'd know that I gripe about this EVERY time.

My one RCI cruise on little old Empress had them and I spent all my time at sea there.

LOVED that they had them on my HAL cruise last fall to Hawaii, but it was too cold to spend much time out there. They even had a drink guy who came around with trays of lemonade.

So, when I read Froufie's Destiny review, I was very surprised when she said that they had them on that cruise.

The only logic I could imagine was that it was the muster area, so having deck chairs there could impede passengers should an emergency arise.

But if other cruise lines can do it, why can't Carnival?

And if they do it on some ships some of the time, why can't they have them out there on ALL the ships ALL of the time?

I'll let you know if they have them on Glory in a little over a week.

Hey, Carnival people! This is something that a lot of us would like! A few dozen deck chairs won't be a huge expense. Pay attention!

It was on the Atlantic Deck. If I'm not mistaken, those chair fold and are stored for embark...

If I'm not mistaken it was actually deck 3 the Lobby Deck. Atlantic Deck (Deck 4 on Conquest Class ships) is where the Muster stations are located. There were plenty of these chairs available on the Freedom a few weeks ago, as well as when I sailed on Valor, Glory, and Victory.

Victory didn't have them when I sailed her. None of them have.

Hey, if you've read enough of my reviews, you'd know that I gripe about this EVERY time.

My one RCI cruise on little old Empress had them and I spent all my time at sea there.

LOVED that they had them on my HAL cruise last fall to Hawaii, but it was too cold to spend much time out there. They even had a drink guy who came around with trays of lemonade.

So, when I read Froufie's Destiny review, I was very surprised when she said that they had them on that cruise.

The only logic I could imagine was that it was the muster area, so having deck chairs there could impede passengers should an emergency arise.

But if other cruise lines can do it, why can't Carnival?

And if they do it on some ships some of the time, why can't they have them out there on ALL the ships ALL of the time?

I'll let you know if they have them on Glory in a little over a week.

Hey, Carnival people! This is something that a lot of us would like! A few dozen deck chairs won't be a huge expense. Pay attention!

Hey NCTribeFan,

You're picking the wrong class of ships! Try the Conquest class (and Destiny). I love-love-love this deck area (whatever it's called -- Lobby Deck, Atlantic Deck, whatever... I'm talking about the shaded deck under the life boats, with plenty of lounge chairs).

I now select ships based solely on the availability of this deck, and I DON'T take Carnival's word for it (on 2 previous cruises, I was assured by a PVP that this was available -- NOT THE CASE, I felt I'd been lied to, and stayed away from Carnival cruises for a good 5-6 years...)

I do the research myself -- do a web search for an actual photo of this deck, showing the lounge chairs, or (better yet!) ask here on CC. :D

Happy shady cruising!

Well, I pick my cruises for the itinerary, not deck chairs.

But I will certainly go to Deck 3 next week on Glory and find out for myself!

But still. If HAL can have them on the ONLY outside promenade deck (other than the upper couple of decks), which is where their muster stations are, why can't Carnival do this on the ships that have only one oustide promenade deck? You know, Fantasy class and Spirit class ships? Lobby level.

It is either a hazard or it isn't!

Archived