Change Time or Stay on Ship's Time - Liberty of the Seas

We are on the Dec 10th sailing of Liberty, which stops in Belize and Mexico, sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. I'm trying to set up the start time for our dive trip, and I can't remember if Liberty stays on Eastern time (thus stays on SHIP time) or if the clocks change and we go onto Central time. On previous cruises, we've had it go both ways.

Does anyone know if Liberty changes to Central or stays on Eastern time?

We are on the Dec 10th sailing of Liberty, which stops in Belize and Mexico, sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. I'm trying to set up the start time for our dive trip, and I can't remember if Liberty stays on Eastern time (thus stays on SHIP time) or if the clocks change and we go onto Central time. On previous cruises, we've had it go both ways.

It is up to the Captain.

Try google your port and ship arrivals. Compare your iteniary with local published arrival times.

We sailed on a Liberty Eastern Caribbean cruise in 2010. I believe the ship switched to Central time. Belize, however, is an hour off of central time, so even with the switch to Central time, "ship" time (which was Central time) was actually one hour off from Belize time. Thus, make sure you ALWAYS stick to SHIP time--regardless of what time they claim it is in port.

Probably not going to know for sure since this is the first time the Liberty will running this particular itinerary. It is also new to the Liberty the shorter 4/5 day trips in the Caribbean, I don't think anyone will know until we have had a few reports from those on the earlier voyages.

While this was not on the Liberty, just as an example we were on the Enchantment a couple of years ago for a 4 day to Cozumel. The first trip was in September and we change times to match Cozumel. We repeated the trip again in January and did not change times:confused: go figure! The only things that I was aware of that was different, was no daylight saving time and different master.

Archived