First time in deluxe owner's suite-help!!

donnar

We have been extremely lucky and was upgraded to the deluxe owner's suite on our Oct 23 trip on the Gem. We do not know what to expect. Last year was the first time we ever had a conceirge and butler. They were awesome.

Some questions are

Can we get free soda in our room at all times?

What kinds of liquor is included in this suite?

Anything that I should request?

IF anyone has ever stayed in this suite please give me the inside scoop. We want to enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity to the fullest.

You already know the drill for embarking as a suite guest.

Once you enter your suite you will find REAL french champagne, not just sparkling wine. Enjoy!

Most likely the mini bar will have been emptied out and an assortment of sodas and mixers will be on hand. You will have a beautiful floral arrangement and a bowl of fruit.

When you meet your butler be sure and let her/him know your preferences for snacks, fruit, sodas, mixers. Each day, just as in your previous suites, you get some kind of sponsored snack (with the compliments of...) But don't let that limit your imagination!

We told our butler we loved chocolate and cheese and crackers...they appeared every day.

We told our butler the three bottles of liquor we preferred. He got all three for us! I have seen a list on this site, but for example, I think it was Teacher's Vodka and we asked for Grey Goose...no problem. I'm sure you couldn't ask for Johnnie Walker Blue!

DOS gets priority everything! Your concierge will arrange for you to get priority seating at the shows, early entrance to the chocoholic buffet. Fun stuff like that.

The toiletries are usually upgraded. We had some extra Elemis stuff in addition to the shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

You have the use of a portable phone on the ship. It's good for calling back to the cabin or calling your butler or concierge if you're not in the room. Handy!

Have a great cruise!

see below

We have been extremely lucky and was upgraded to the deluxe owner's suite on our Oct 23 trip on the Gem. We do not know what to expect. Last year was the first time we ever had a conceirge and butler. They were awesome.

Some questions are

Can we get free soda in our room at all times? yes...we told the butler what we wanted. We got all of it until the ship ran out of Pellagrino toward the end of the second week. We got a variety as we wanted both caffeine and not and we each like different kinds.

What kinds of liquor is included in this suite? Good stuff; there should be a "menu/request" piece of paper on your dining room table when you first enter the suite....just fill it out.

Anything that I should request? the earlier you request DVD's, if you like to watch them, the more likely it is they will be available.

If all the menus for all the restaurants are not in the cabin, I'd ask for them. If you have specific requests for the Lavazza, let the Butler know

The first day is a HARD one for the Butler so we make our requests in writing that we leave on the table and we say, "not urgent" unless it is urgent. We leave little Post Its near the doorbell with requests during the cruise....or put them on the dining room table. Remember too that the Concierge is available to you....for anything outside the cabin.....reservations, problems, etc.

IF anyone has ever stayed in this suite please give me the inside scoop. We want to enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity to the fullest.

Some questions are

Can we get free soda in our room at all times?

What kinds of liquor is included in this suite?

Anything that I should request?

Congrats on your upgrade. We have been lucky to have been in 3 DOS on NCL ships. We have never sailed on the Gem but are booked for a 9/2012 cruise. We are in DOS 15500. Would very much like to hear your thoughts after you get back. Recent pictures would also be nice. ENJOY!!!

Ray

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnar

Some questions are

Can we get free soda in our room at all times? yes...we told the butler what we wanted. We got all of it until the ship ran out of Pellagrino toward the end of the second week. We got a variety as we wanted both caffeine and not and we each like different kinds.

What kinds of liquor is included in this suite? Good stuff; there should be a "menu/request" piece of paper on your dining room table when you first enter the suite....just fill it out.

Anything that I should request? the earlier you request DVD's, if you like to watch them, the more likely it is they will be available.

If all the menus for all the restaurants are not in the cabin, I'd ask for them. If you have specific requests for the Lavazza, let the Butler know

The first day is a HARD one for the Butler so we make our requests in writing that we leave on the table and we say, "not urgent" unless it is urgent. We leave little Post Its near the doorbell with requests during the cruise....or put them on the dining room table. Remember too that the Concierge is available to you....for anything outside the cabin.....reservations, problems, etc.

THANKS

We were in the DOS on the Gem, 15000 Nov/Dec 2010 and there is NO DVD Library available on the Gem since they have Pay per View Movies on the TV. We were really disappointed as we did not know this and didn't bring any with us. There is a dvd player - just no DVD's to go with it.:(

Congratulations! You are about to be completely pampered and spoiled!

Our first cruise on the Gem we sailed in 15500 and are sailing again next month and will be in 15000. The first time was an upsell, this time after enjoying the cabin and all the amenities so much it was a direct booking. The cabin is amazing!

We actually received a call a few weeks ago from the concierge department in Miami asking our preferences. That is something new I believe and we already made all of our requests.

We eat in the specialty restaurants all week so we were able to make all of our reservations ahead of time. I know some say they don't know that far in advance but while sailing this trip with friends, two of us are celebrating birthdays so we knew where we wanted to spend our birthday dinner. We know which specific restaurants we like and what time we like to eat so we are all set.

We did already select our 3 bottles of alcohol. We wanted certain brands of alcohol and we said we would pay the difference for those choices and I received a call back that our selections will be all waiting in the cabin upon arrival.

There are so many fun things in that cabin .... motorized blinds .... tv over the bathtub .... all the jets in the shower .... the portable phone to contact the concierge or just call back to the cabin that you can carry around with you anywhere on the ship .... your names on the tv upon arrival welcoming you on board .... the hot tub on the balcony (which they will fill and drain for you) ..... the electronic do not disturb buttons (our butler would call the cabin as soon as we put it on green in the morning......"good morning may I bring you breakfast" ... so nice) ..... views!!! .... just too many to list.

It is just all in all a wonderful sailing experience and we are very excited to sail as well. Enjoy the cabin and happy sailing! :)

I have Posted a review of the Pearl "Cabin 15500" which I believe is very similar to the Gem sorry for some of the photo's they were taken with my cell phone but it may provide you with some insight for your cabin.

The site is below

http://relaxatsea.info/PearlSuite15500.aspx

Thanks for the great review and pictures. I appreciate any and all comments and pictures. You never get to much information!! Thanks again,

Ray

Hello Relax@Sea,

We enjoyed your detailed DOS review, and though we sailed two years ago in this suite on the Gem, we cannot recall the configuration of the audio system for connecting external units such as iPod, etc. In your review you mentioned, "connection to a Bose sound system. I connected my computer and MP3 player to the DVD system with cables that I had brought along with me". We will be sailing again in the Gem DOS next month, and we want to be ready to connect an iPod; so we have a question for you: on the Pearl was the audio system configured with an iPod dock or USB port, or did you have to use a 1/8" mini-audio cable? Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

Hello Relax@Sea,

We enjoyed your detailed DOS review, and though we sailed two years ago in this suite on the Gem, we cannot recall the configuration of the audio system for connecting external units such as iPod, etc. In your review you mentioned, "connection to a Bose sound system. I connected my computer and MP3 player to the DVD system with cables that I had brought along with me". We will be sailing again in the Gem DOS next month, and we want to be ready to connect an iPod; so we have a question for you: on the Pearl was the audio system configured with an iPod dock or USB port, or did you have to use a 1/8" mini-audio cable? Thanks in advance for your kind assistance!

I used the 1/8" audio cable at first then talking with the person that cleaned the hot tub every day he showed me were the usb connection was on the amplifier "actually he hooked it up for me" what a difference that made. I will look thru some of the pictures I took because I think I took a photo of those ports for the next time.

I used the 1/8" audio cable at first then talking with the person that cleaned the hot tub every day he showed me were the usb connection was on the amplifier "actually he hooked it up for me" what a difference that made. I will look thru some of the pictures I took because I think I took a photo of those ports for the next time.

Just wanted to say thank you so much......especially since that was my husband posting not myself. :D I didn't understand any of it LOL but if I can enjoy the music then that's a plus for me! ;)

Happy sailing! :)

Just wanted to say thank you so much......especially since that was my husband posting not myself. :D I didn't understand any of it LOL but if I can enjoy the music then that's a plus for me! ;)

Happy sailing! :)

I would bring the 1/8" jack just in case there maybe a different setup in your cabin.

How much more did it cost for your up-grade? And, what where you up-graded from?

We originally booked a 2 room family room--no access to the garden villa. After looking at posts on CC i checked to see if my room price went down. It did not but the 2 room Courtyard Villa (i think that is the name) did go down and was cheaper than what I paid. Called my TA and she said let me see what I can do. Bam--got the Courtyard Villa. My TA wanted to try and get the difference as an OBC. She bugged them until they told her that they will not give an OBC but be bumped up to the DOS !! WE TOOK IT. We paid the original price ---NO EXTRA $$ !! We have been very fortunate to get this and to enjoy it--it will prob be the only time we will ever get this room!!!:rolleyes:

We are on the same sailing as Donnar. Our situation is very similar. Originally we booked a balcony stateroom but on our own decided to upgrade to a 2 bedroom haven family villa as a once in a lifetime splurge (talked hubby into celebrating our 40th anniversary a few years early -LOL). We booked at the end of August and a few weeks later the prices had dropped for all categories. The deluxe owners suite and the owners suite were both being offered at the same price we had paid for our 2 bedroom haven villa so I called NCL and asked to be upgraded to the owners suite! No problem whatsoever. It was tough to decide between the DOS or OS though. I know we will not be close to the Haven area but the 2 deck areas and the actual layout of the OS is what helped me decide. Although I think being in the DOS and being close to the Haven area and also having the hot tub on the balcony would be heaven too!!! Starting to get excited about this trip. Keeping fingers crossed that we get to go to Bermuda as it will be our first time there.

• 2 weeks later...
We originally booked a 2 room family room--no access to the garden villa. After looking at posts on CC i checked to see if my room price went down. It did not but the 2 room Courtyard Villa (i think that is the name) did go down and was cheaper than what I paid. Called my TA and she said let me see what I can do. Bam--got the Courtyard Villa. My TA wanted to try and get the difference as an OBC. She bugged them until they told her that they will not give an OBC but be bumped up to the DOS !! WE TOOK IT. We paid the original price ---NO EXTRA $$ !! We have been very fortunate to get this and to enjoy it--it will prob be the only time we will ever get this room!!!:rolleyes:

We just booked the DOS for May we have done the 2 bedroom Courtyard Villa twice on the Jewel I will wait very impatiently :) for your full review, We booked 15000. Have a great trip!

• 1 month later...
You already know the drill for embarking as a suite guest.

Once you enter your suite you will find REAL french champagne, not just sparkling wine. Enjoy!

Most likely the mini bar will have been emptied out and an assortment of sodas and mixers will be on hand. You will have a beautiful floral arrangement and a bowl of fruit.

When you meet your butler be sure and let her/him know your preferences for snacks, fruit, sodas, mixers. Each day, just as in your previous suites, you get some kind of sponsored snack (with the compliments of...) But don't let that limit your imagination!

We told our butler we loved chocolate and cheese and crackers...they appeared every day.

We told our butler the three bottles of liquor we preferred. He got all three for us! I have seen a list on this site, but for example, I think it was Teacher's Vodka and we asked for Grey Goose...no problem. I'm sure you couldn't ask for Johnnie Walker Blue!

DOS gets priority everything! Your concierge will arrange for you to get priority seating at the shows, early entrance to the chocoholic buffet. Fun stuff like that.

The toiletries are usually upgraded. We had some extra Elemis stuff in addition to the shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and lotion.

You have the use of a portable phone on the ship. It's good for calling back to the cabin or calling your butler or concierge if you're not in the room. Handy!

Have a great cruise!

ValleyVillage

I have a question for you. Which would you pick and why?

Owners suite Jewel or Epic courtyard Villa (2 bedroom).

I love the perks of an owners suite and the huge suite. But I also love the modern Epic, tons of restaurants and entertainment. I also think the bathroom is actually better on Epic than the owners suite of Jewel. I know the room is smaller but I love Posh and Epic Club. But I actually like the courtyard on Jewel better since it is quiet and much less traffic.

Each is for a 7 night cruise. They cost the same and I cant decide.

THANKS

Hi David,

Glad I checked this thread, I don't always see posts directly to me like that.

I really can't help much, though. I have only sailed the Star and the Sun. I don't have much to compare, just love the suite life on NCL.

Sounds to me like you could not make a mistake with either one!

Bon Voyage!

Richard

Archived