OBC - Who's shipboard account?

jtdlmc

OBC that is given with your booking is per cabin, so the total amount will be split between the number of people in the cabin. If you're all sharing an account, then it doesn't make a difference in the end. I'm not sure how OBC that you purchase works, since we've never done that.

Our cards were joined, so in essence it was really attached to the cabin itself rather than just one person (or being split evenly between each cruiser). Whenever my hubby or I made a purchase, it was taken from the OBC first before touching our credit card.

You may be able to have it attached to one person's card, but I'm not sure. It may depend on the type of OBC and how the room was booked. Perhaps give your PCC or TA a call and see what they say!

Enjoy your cruise & your OBC! :)

~ Tanya

I just cruised NCL Star. I purchased $1000 in on-board credit. We were also given OBC through our TA. The account was set up with my name and my credit card, giving my companion charging also.

The on-board credit through the TA, says "non-refundable credit" and is split between my traveling companion and myself by name.

The on-board credit I purchased is to my account with "refundable credit" beside it.

Be aware that any on-board credit left on the "refundable" side will be mailed to your home by check. The non-refundable you lose if you haven't used it.

I would think if two people traveling in the same cabin, but each give their own credit card to set up the account, the charges that each person made would go to their own account, and whoever purchased the OBC is where it would show up. TA OBC would be split per booking names. Our bill does show each charge per person, even though it is all on my account.

Just wondering what they do with the OBC - do they split it between the people in the room or does it all go on one persons account?

If you received your OBC from NCL or your TA, it is split evenly between the first two people listed in your cabin. When my three sons were in a balcony cabin the "third" son had to count on his brothers paying him his third of the OBC. One paid him outright in cash and the other just charged things on his card until his part was paid.

When you get your statement at the end of the cruise, decide how much each person is responsible for (minus the OBC). Then each person can go to the desk and charge that amount on their credit card, whether it is the one listed when the account was set up or not. I did this on a cruise DH and I went on. I put a large charge on my credit card, then the rest just went to the card with which we had set up the account. I would take care of this the day before debarkation to avoid the lines. Any further charges can be settled in cash between the cabin mates.

The CCL Stock obc will be applied in total to only one passenger account, even if both passengers register separate credit cards.

Princess will NOT split it among the qualified passengers so you'll have to split that up yourselves.

The CCL Stock obc will be applied in total to only one passenger account, even if both passengers register separate credit cards.

Princess will NOT split it among the qualified passengers so you'll have to split that up yourselves.

Do you realize you are on the NCL board? Doesn't really matter how competitors do it!:rolleyes:

LOL...i had to go back and check that i was reading the "RIGHT" board:D...

Obviously I should have done that BEFORE I posted!!!:D

That's what I hate about having upcoming cruises on different cruise lines and switching back and forth in my thinking!!!!

Obviously I should have done that BEFORE I posted!!!:D

That's what I hate about having upcoming cruises on different cruise lines and switching back and forth in my thinking!!!!

LOL, Guess I should have noticed you have two cruises on two different cruise lines in your signature, too. I've done multiple boards before and it is easy to "forget" where you are.:D

Archived