A little help please......

*Sparkle*

I will be in Antigua on the Explorer of the Seas in December. My friend and I are possible looking into doing a little shopping in the morning and then heading to the beach to relax for a couple of hours and get back to the port by 3:00pm. We are in Antigua until 5pm. That being said:

1) Are there any free beaches closeby to the port? If so, how far are they? We also do not want the hassle of trying to talk our way through a "private" club to get to the "public" beach...

2) Would it be best to take a bus or taxi there (and back)? What would the approx. cost be?

Thank you!!! :)

I will be in Antigua on the Explorer of the Seas in December. My friend and I are possible looking into doing a little shopping in the morning and then heading to the beach to relax for a couple of hours and get back to the port by 3:00pm. We are in Antigua until 5pm. That being said:

1) Are there any free beaches closeby to the port? If so, how far are they? We also do not want the hassle of trying to talk our way through a "private" club to get to the "public" beach...

2) Would it be best to take a bus or taxi there (and back)? What would the approx. cost be?

Thank you!!! :)

There aren't any beaches really close to the pier, as it's in the centre of St Johns.

Valley Church is popular and easily accessed. If you want to do some shopping first and be back by 3:00pm then I'd recommend a taxi to get you there and back more quickly. It's about a 20 minute cab ride, costing around US$25-$30 each way (per cab, not per person). Go to the taxi dispatchers stand on the pier. They'll quote you an exact fare.

Don't be tempted by unofficial drivers who approach you. That can end in a rip off.

Archived