Noise? Crown Mini Suite 729, Emerald Deck

meripour

Has anyone had this room on Crown Princess, E729 and encountered noise from Fusion Club below? If so, how bad is it? These are the only mini suites on the boat that have covered balcony, which is our preference for a TA cruise of 20 days in December. Is it worth it? Read odd number rooms on this deck are preferred due to speaker system in Fusion. True?

Any pix's or links appreciated.

You will not be bothered by noise with that cabin. Hurry and book it before someone else grabs it. We have stayed in E731 numerous times and never a problem with noise. The few last even number ones have some bass noise as it's over the band stage. Odd number cabins are fine.

Terrific location. Quiet and private. No noise from below. Make sure your booking is marked "Do not upgrade." Princess might upgrade you to a mini at the very front of the ship on Dolphin deck. That's considered an "upgrade" but not in my book.

I agree take it on the Starboard side. We just completed a week in E726 on the port side and the Club Fusion vibrations at night were really bad. The noise went on until 12:30AM most nights. On a previous cruise we had been on the Starboard side and heard nothing.

Thanks soooooo much to all of you on giving me confidence on the emerald covered balcony rooms and the potential noise issue.

I now come with yet another question -

e731 has now opened up, which is the cabin with the extended balcony that wraps. I was excited - for a brief moment until my ta informed me this is a 'quad cabin' and should princess need this room for a 4'some, they will bump our reservation and take it over.

Is that true if we check the box 'do not upgrade'? I dont want to make the switch and then be forced to end up with a room with no cover at all. This is a 20 day december t.a. Cruise that calls out for a covered balcony.

Would you take e731 over e729?

Is the room any bigger since they are saying its a quad?

Thanks soooooo much to all of you on giving me confidence on the emerald covered balcony rooms and the potential noise issue.

I now come with yet another question -

e731 has now opened up, which is the cabin with the extended balcony that wraps. I was excited - for a brief moment until my ta informed me this is a 'quad cabin' and should princess need this room for a 4'some, they will bump our reservation and take it over.

Is that true if we check the box 'do not upgrade'? I dont want to make the switch and then be forced to end up with a room with no cover at all. This is a 20 day december t.a. Cruise that calls out for a covered balcony.

Would you take e731 over e729?

Is the room any bigger since they are saying its a quad?

All of the Emerald Deck mini suites on the Crown are quads so they will not bump you if you mark it no upgrade.

I would chose E729 over E731, because E731 has a windbreak on only one side of the balcony. I found the balcony of the last mini suite to be too windy to use while at sea because of the lack of windbreak. While E731 has a slightly larger balcony, I found that the standard mini suite balcony size is enough room and the extra space is not needed. I prefer a less windy balcony.

The interior of E731 is not any bigger than a standard mini suite.

I've had E-731 with the extended balcony on Caribbean Princess. It is an awesome cabin and balcony. Your balcony is going to be breezy regardless...book it, use it and enjoy it. You will have a great view of the water and easy access to dining rooms. If you're not totally satisfied with that cabin send me an invoice!

Archived