Emerald Princess Aft Suites

2little time

My DH and I had a perfect (really) trip on the Island in a suite. We now would like to book the Quebec to Fort Lauderdale next fall, also in a suite. All that is available are the suites on the Riviera deck with the tiny balconies, C-750 which is an aft suite, and the two aft suites on the Emerald deck. I have read mixed reviews of all of these and am hesitant to book any of them. Is the Emerald deck too "low"? Is the beam on the Aft balcony of these rooms too much to bear? Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

I have been trying to figure out why four of the VS cabins are still available on my otherwise sold out cruise...and it must be the conception of the tiny balcony. Looking at pictures of the balcony of E732/733, it may be tiny compared to the other suites, or maybe a Caribe deck balcony, but there appears to be ample space for two loungers with side table, plus a round table and four chairs. Noone would need to move for someone to walk around. EM

I have been trying to figure out why four of the VS cabins are still available on my otherwise sold out cruise...and it must be the conception of the tiny balcony. Looking at pictures of the balcony of E732/733, it may be tiny compared to the other suites, or maybe a Caribe deck balcony, but there appears to be ample space for two loungers with side table, plus a round table and four chairs. Noone would need to move for someone to walk around. EM

Is there a picture somewhere that I might see?

2little time,

This link may be able to help you decide about the Aft suites.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=808951&highlight=princess+aft+balcony

Jim

Thanks much....that helps a lot. The noise I think would be ok . The balcony looks long and narrow. The obstruction form the beam is obvious. I wonder if you feel like you are too close to the water that low down.......

We have never really gave it any thought about be close to the water. We do enjoy the Aft balconies and suites, but our experiences come from sailing Royal and Celebrity. We have booked our first Princess cruise on the Sapphire to Alaska, and we have an Aft suite (B750) on the Baja deck.

Love the AFT suites and cabins and for me, not getting one might be a deal breaker for booking a cruise. I would not choose one with a beam splitting the balcony, though. The link in the 2nd post here is amazing. I use it when booking.

We loved the aft cabins! We've had a suite on the Caribe Deck on the Emerald in C750. The beam wasn't a big deal at all. The views from the aft are unbelievable and what is nice, you can see both land sides whenever needed. Once we were upgraded to an aft, we always try to book aft. We've since booked Balcony Afts on the Caribbean Princess, and the Sapphire. The noise never bothered us. I feel that the rear facing afts are prime real estate!

I'd avoid E 732, it's right over the Bandstand of the lounge below.

Bev

We were in C750 on the Star, and it seems the balcony is similar. We had the beam - it didn't bother us much.

However, the plus - we were heading down the Beagle Channel in South America, with gorgeous glaciers on both sides. We were able to see it all from the balcony. (Although we were about 5-7 minutes behind what the Naturalist was saying on the TV).

The minus - the vibration. We had heavy seas and wind, which normally doesn't bother us - on this cruise it did, and we attributed that to the addition of the vibration.

We had C-751 on the Crown (Emerald's sister ship) and the balcony was nice, we did have a beam obstruction but it wasn't too much of a bother. We still had room for the 2 loungers and table with four chairs. It would have been tight if we needed to use all four chairs, but it was only the two of us so we had enough room.

The vibration from the engines did bother an old neck injury that I have, but after a massage :D it stopped bothering me. The view off the aft is great and sitting on the balcony it feels nice and secluded. It got us hooked.

Archived